quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why can't I skip week 2!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 11:50 AM    Post subject: Why can't I skip week 2!!!!! Reply with quote

AAAHHHGGG!!! I hate week 2. I have tried to quit numerous times in the past and week 1 was always easy for me - I was so fired up and aggressive. Then week 2 shows up and I start shaking and trembling and sweating and feeling like I'm two people and all that crazy stuff. God is cheering me on this time because it just happens that my husband is on swing shift this week, which means he'll be asleep when I leave for work, gone when I get home, and won't get home until I'm asleep. He's my biggest back door and at least with this schedule I won't have to deliberately avoid him. I was going so nuts last night that I might have a clue what it feels like to go insane. I literally felt like I had a split personality. One of me was living this new, clean, happy life and the other me was pissed because she wanted to sit in the dark and chain smoke. I felt like the inside of my head was spinning. I tried to sleep it off, but you can only sleep so long. Then I tried to watch a movie, but everyone in the movie was smoking (no help there). I don't have the Internet at home, so I can't run to my buds. It SUCKS. I tried the writing thing and the words just poured out, but I still went to bed feeling like I wanted to break something. This morning is better. I got my run in before work and I'm having a pretty good hair day Smile . I think I'm working Kevin's plan x (is that about a 3 minute delay?), but, hey, it's a plan! Okay, rant is now complete. Thank you
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 11:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angle that is how I feel today sorta only mine is taking on the blahs. The I don't want to do anything mood even though I know I need to take a bath and wash my hair and probably willl feel better once I do but I can't seem to move or even get motivated enought to move. So I relate all so well

One week, two days, 58 minutes and 41 seconds. 361 cigarettes not smoked, saving $62.38. Life saved: 1 day, 6 hours, 5 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 12:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that I'm sorry for you, but you know that misery loves company. It's good to know that I'm not just being a grouch and everyone else in the world is 'shiny, happy people'. Welcome to my pity party. Mad
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 12:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why it's known as heck week and lots of people find it harder than week one. Make your list of five things you will do before you smoke and carry that list with you. Try and include something silly that takes some time to do and will make you laugh (I just love Zuzu's Hokie Pokie) I really got a lot from setting a timer at 2 minutes and breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth untill the alarm went off. It is very refreshing and I never had a crave outlast that. It forces you to stop whatever aggrivating task has triggered you as well and that is what you really need is to break those triggers.

I wish you peace.

alison
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since misery loves company this miserable blah person is going to work op the energy and go take a bath. And hopefully heck week witll be a heck of a lot awayLOL

Have a reat smoke free day

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 12:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've already heard, welcome to heck week. It is truly amazing how similar everyone's quit experience is sometimes.

I think it's what we experience after ANY large event that we plan for is over (sort of like coming home from the honeymoon or something). Let down. And we feel like - what? Why isn't everyone still patting me on the back and why don't I feel like celebrating??

That's why I stay close to these boards (and others..lol) because nobody understands like others who have been there. My kids are the only other people in the world who are tracking my quit with gusto. They all advise me on my charm choices (my reward each month is a new charm on my "quit bracelet") and like to brag about me to others. Other than that, it's funny how everyone else sort of goes on with their life!!!

Know that you will, too, and that this too shall pass. You're doing so amazingly well. I'm with Alison - Zuzu's Hokey Pokey advice should never be disregarded lightly. There is something incredibly freeing about turning ourselves about Wink

hang in there sweetie!!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 1:10 PM    Post subject: good for you Angel! Reply with quote

Hi Angel~

I'm sorry you had a bad night, last night. Like the others said, what you are going through is normal for a 2 week quitter.

I think it's great that you are running. I have not reinstated that into my routine yet. (damn, the 1st time is going to hurt). But I was wondering, would it have helped if you would have run at night when your symptoms were bad?? Would that have made the stress/anger go away?

Try to imagine how badly you would have felt this morning if the nicodemon had won last night. I'm glad that you chose to win instead!!

This gets better with each passing day, Angel.

ri paul
73 days nicotine free
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 1:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel, All I know to do for you is tell you that cranberry juice really, really does help

and you guessed it I am sending in the shark again. He'll eat all those bad moods and grouchies.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 2:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Angel,

Don't forget what you have on your signature every time you post here....

ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Week 2 sucks...no doubt, but you can totally get through it. You have a major back door who's busy and not in your face, and hopefully that will prove helpful. I have no immediate remedies for right now, except keep as busy as you can, but if you can't remeber anything, remember your own words of wisdom!! I have to remember that too..

Juantia

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 3:15 PM    Post subject: Do.... Reply with quote

do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better...as long as it's legal and is NOT SMOKING! It's a toughie that the only thing that will truly cure what ails you is time. Scowling Demon

Hang in....be good to yourself.....one hour at a time!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 6:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel
It has not been that long since I has the week two blahs. It is so hard to explain it is almost like being out of your body. I am a super organized person and at times I had difficulty figuring out what I was doing right at the moment I was in. I was very fortunate in that I did not get terribly angry. But I had my first really tough craving in my second week. You know what I think it is....we get so reved up for the first week, our adrenalin is up, we are excited to start our new and every is excited for us, we expect the days to be hard and we are prepared. Then comes week two, we expect it to be easier, we are getting tired of the cravings and it is not so exciting anymore. And now is the time we have to dig down deep and really start using our resolve and all we have learned. And it is hard. Now I don't know if that fits for you but that was how it was for me. Every week is different. But you wil become more flexible with the changes and ups and downs. And really it does become easier.
And you are so right you have God on your side. I am sure you have read the poem "Foot prints in the sand" Well let him carry you now Angel. He is in charge...and he loves you more than anyone on earth loves you. So you know if you put this in his hands he will provide.
Stay strong...you will come out of this smoke free.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 11:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel...Hang in there! You have done so well and will continue to do well.

One day at a time...One hour at a time...One minute at a time! Sometimes it's a minute by minute decision and that is okay! You've made the best decision by giving up a week...You can do this!

Breathe deeply, drink ice water, eat chocolate or fudge or ice cream or potato chips or sugar cookies...(hmmmm now I'm hungry) Whatever it takes to get over that hump....Right Now you are smoke free! Keep that thought!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: