quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIGGING UP BURIED FEELINGS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 3:35 AM    Post subject: DIGGING UP BURIED FEELINGS! Reply with quote

WOW! This is the first time i've been in this section. As I started reading, I was finding something in common with all the messages. We all started here looking for help with our smoking addiction. Well, it seems something has happened, we're becoming friends. It sounds like there are messages in here from people crying for help, not from their husband or wives, or families, but from friends. The postings about the void when you stop smoking really hit me. I am only a beginner, but I didnt have the time to even think about a void, I was slammed with diabetes on top of my quit. It was either quit now, or fight the disease and smoke myself to death. When I read how other friends are fighting depression along with their quit, it hit me. When the drs. office called me and said they were calling in prescriptions for me, because I had type 2 diabetes. I didnt react at all. I was watching my grandkids and went back to painting my kitchen, I'd think about it later. Its been 2 weeks, and now it hit me and this was the first time I started to cry. I thought of my 3 year old grandson who didnt want a hug or kiss, and he always did before when he left. His daddy, (my son) told the boys not to drive me nuts because i have this disease. He was afraid I would give it to him. Once I explained to him that he couldnt get it from me, He gave me the biggest hug! I hope I'm going to be able to take care of them, I promised I would but I am scared I may not be able too later..... I only wish I could have a "void"

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 12:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww I am so touched reading your post. You really are a strong woman with a great heart. Trust your heart and stay true to your feelings, because in doing so, your doing the right thing. Your feelings are seen and noticed in all you do, and it is appreciated by everyone around you Smile. You have a lucky family, and as long as you listen to your heart, you will always be there for everyone Very Happy .

Follow Your Bliss
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 1:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney....you couldn't have been more right on. We come here for the support because there is a true sense of friendship on this site. I am so happy you found this particular section because it has some heartfelt, insightful writings by some incredible people.

Type 2 diabetes can be a life changing diagnosis...like quitting smoking. Look at it like your quit...a change for the better...and educate yourself on every aspect of it!

So happy you are here Laney. We will help you through this and you will never be alone as long as you keep coming back!

Laurie

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 5:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Laney,

Grandchildren are the best, aren't they? Enjoy them, diabetes or not. They're a perfect reason for you to take care of yourself. As someone else mentioned, learn as much as you can about diabetes and do what your doctors suggest. That's how we all went about quitting cigarettes; we learned as much as possible then did what we previously thought to be impossible -- we quit smoking.

Enjoy the love of those little ones, Laney. They grown up too darned fast.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 6:28 PM    Post subject: One day at a time... Reply with quote

Laney, Live each day as if it were your last. (I heard that on a song and loved it.) Very Happy

Your life is a gift and being able to share it with your grandkids is wonderful. Try hard not to get lost in the what if's of life. Worring about tomoorow might cost us today. I am working on this. Sometimes it helps to know there are those of us working with you.

Sandyz
Nine months, two weeks, breathing free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2004 7:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney, Good Morning. Everything will be okay. Just take one day at a time. Everyone gave you loving advice. We all care for you. I feel I have new friends here, also.

It's like have pen-pals. Remember when we were in kids in school and how we would have a pen-pal from another school or country? Well this is faster thats all. And we can have a whole bunch at once.

God is so wonderful. Remember He is with you through this all.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 10, 2004 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,
This is what it's all about----helping each other. We are a wonderful group of people who have so much in common and tons of knowledge to pass around. Take care and be kind to yourself,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: