quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hey Mindy!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 11:26 PM    Post subject: Hey Mindy!!! Reply with quote

Hey Mindy, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. Did you like that WW meeting? You seem to be doing such positive things and you are definitely inspiring me! Wink Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 8, 2004 4:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry,
This Thursday hopefully I'll be able to attend my first Weight Watchers meeting. I am really looking forward to it. Tomorrow or Tuesday I am starting my 2 day juice fast. I can't wait to start seeing myself shedding some pounds, losing some inches and feeling better about myself! I'll keep you all updated,

Nicotine and Smoke Free
Six months, three weeks, six days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 42 seconds. 8385 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,467.16. Life saved: 4 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours, 45 minutes.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 10:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
I didn't have a chance to attend WW this week. But I am going to try like hell to go this coming Thursday if it fits into my schedule and get the materials and then only attend the actual meetings when I am able. All of my kids will be in school this year, so I'll be pretty busy running them around to different activities, etc. I would imagine. Rolling Eyes
I cannot wait to start shedding those inches and pounds!!!
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 3:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy,

I am surprised you are joining WW. Surprised In your picture, you look as though you are a very healthy weight. I know it is not a full-body picture, but you do not look like you need to lose even a pound! Shocked

Are you sure you need to go to WW?

(By the way, I think you are awesome!)

PinkLungs
26+ days nicotine and smoke-free

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. -- Will Rogers
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 8:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Pinklungs! If you could see my full body, you'd understand lol!!! I need to lose about 25-30 lbs. Right now, I'm stuck at about 155 lbs. I want to get down to 120 lbs or so. I want to start eating better anyhow. I eat entirely too much junk food. I started about a year and a half ago being a stay at home mom. Well, since then I've gained weight...then with the quit on top of that, I've gained more!! I want to do it for myself and my self esteem also!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 8:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to find a full body shot to post!!!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 8:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mindy,

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds. I'm willing to take it slow; that seems to be the best way to keep it off once you lose it. I wish you luck. It can be done. Shoot, if I can quit smoking after 45+ years, I can sure shed some pounds.

Keep working at it. You'll succeed. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 9:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You could have fooled me! You look great in your picture! Shocked Good luck with WW! I know you can do it.

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. -- Will Rogers
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weigh aobut 35 lbs more now than I ever have and it's really bothering me. I want to really get in shape and that means shedding some pounds. Believe it or not, I am considered overweight by charts at fitday.com.

Thanks to everyone for advice and support!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 9:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mindy you look healthy to me. But we know personaly how good we feel and how we want to look. Weight Watchers is the best program to follow. I hate diets, have bought all kinds of books, South Beach, and some others I can't even remeber the titles. I'm not crazy about exercise either. I do like to walk though. It seems everything I like to do consist of sitting.

Your young and active with children. You will loose that weight.

Keep us posted. We love to hear from you, you are always there for support.

Thanks.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried most diet gimmicks on the market also Londa! I actually used the Trim Spa pills and they really did control my hunger, but I don't want to become dependent on taking them forever if you know what I mean. I want to lose weight to feel better about myself. I have never weighed this much and it's really getting me down. I'm going to be starting my Real Estate classes in September and with a new career on the way, I want to feel good and confident about myself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: