quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tooting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 10:07 AM    Post subject: Tooting! Reply with quote

Okay I said it! I know! I know! Ladies do not discuss "Gas". But I have got to say something! Since I quit smoking, its "Toot in the morning Toot in the Evening, Toot at supper time, Can't seem to quit my tooting, tooting all the time" Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Yep that seems to be my song!
Men, their proud of their "Toots"
Us Ladies, well, I can only speak for myself, I'm embarrassed.

I had out of town company since thursday. Met them for the first time (my daughters boyfriends parents) Very nice people. BUt, tell yah I thought I was gonna bust. They were around me all the time, so no tootin could be done. No tootin in the morning, no tootin in the evening, no tootin at supper time.

Well they have now gone back home, I am feeling much better. Of course will probably be a little embarassed about this post. But sometimes ya just gotta get it out! (No pun intended)

Thank you for listening to me. I love you all!

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 10:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa Da Free:

Your post was a GAS! Smile

Well, you must be a pretty sweet person, then, who never gets upset with her husband. Why do I say that? Because, it is a well known fact that women b_tch because they don't belch and they don't fart, so, if they didn't b_tch, they would blow up! Obviously, you are not opposed to letting go with a little flatulence once in a while, so you don't need to b_tch. Smile

I am well known for my flatulence and am quite proud of it. They call me "Stinky Johnson" at work.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Londa,

Know what you mean. It gets better. Must tell you something we did a few years ago. Our church group was sponsoring a Chili Cook-Off. Prizes were to be given for the best chili and the best name. We named ours "Tijuana Toot Soup." We won! I was afraid the pastors wouldn't approve but they were the ones who laughed the loudest.

Happy tootin'!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooting is natural, nothing to be embarrassed about!! I think the more you hold it in the worse it gets. Men just let it out, thats why you never hear them complaining about stomach pains and being bloated!! Be a man, and let it out!! Toot your heart out!! Laughing

HUGS
Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thought i'd share this !!! LOL I burp all the time, its such a bad habit LOL. But i have been known to burp louder than men, and when i burp loud, my bf says "wow baby that was a good one!" LOL. If thats not love i dont know what is hahaha. Ahhh i'm a silly one!!

Follow Your Bliss
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 7:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,
All I did for about the first month or so was toot after I quit smoking! You are not alone!!!
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 8:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fart Heard Round the World

Many years ago, before the new church was built and the padded pews were installed, we had those plain old wooden pews.

One evening service, a boy of about 13 years of age in our congregation had to pass gas. BAD! REAL BAD!!!

He intended to let it out slowly without making any noise, but, people, I'm here to tell you... that puppy got away from him! BIG TIME!

It all came out at once, and the wooden pews just reverberated the sound and made it louder. EVERYONE in the entire sanctuary heard that sucker!

That poor boy turned every possible shade of red.

It was one of the funniest things that I have ever experienced in my life! And, no, it wasn't me that did it.

Tom

I have been quit for 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 20 hours and 32 minutes (227 days). I have saved $854.45 by not smoking 6,835 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 17 hours and 35 minutes of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is funny Tom. That story reminds me of being young and not realizing that all kinds of sound travels. That when mom said use your inside voice she meant it. (does farting count!)
Christina

I have seen flowers grow in stoney places
Kindness done by men with ugly faces
The worst horse won at the races
So, I trust too
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 10:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gosh Londa, thanks for finally bringing this out in the open! I feel much better knowing that if I should go up like a heilium (sp?) balloon I will not be by myself. Maybe we could race?

The poor boy in church. Bless his heart and bless his fart.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 7:19 PM    Post subject: Phew... Reply with quote

Oh boy...this too will pass. Very Happy

There was a thread on FFS called stinky piglits. (Something like that) It was a gas.

I almost let the Niodemon call me back during the tooten days...untill I was told soon all the bad air would leak out (I was afraid what ever had died would craw out) Wow...it was only the smoking gasses.

Much better from this view. I'm no longer down wind.

Sandy
Nine months, three weeks, three days, 2 hours, 17 minutes and 46 seconds. 13414 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,831.05. Life saved: 6 weeks, 4 days, 13 hours, 50 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is funny for me is I work in a Dr's office and try taking a Blood pressure when it is just you and the patient in the room and having this problem! So far have managed to hold it all back except a belly fart or two ( I know ya'll know what I mean).

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 9:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb- is it considered bad "bedside manner" to play pull-my-finger with the patients? You may be able to provide yourself gastric relief under the guise of bonding with the patient!

Just an idea. Idea

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

I had the same problem. It only lasted a week or two. I carried Gas-X tablets with me wherever I went. Looking back, I probably only needed to eat a meatball. Laughing

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: