quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exercise!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 1:07 AM    Post subject: Exercise! Reply with quote

So we all quitting smoking...And the next step is to take care of our bodies. Quitting smoking leads to lots of positives but the one thing most people seem to complain about is the eating...and well the weight gain.. Just wondering if everyone would share and post what they have been doing as a form of exercise, and if you have any advice on exercising and what seems to be working for you. As for me I been doing good old
calisthenics. Sit ups, push ups, and walking/running and yoga, and a lot of stretching.

And for those of you sitting right now, why dont you check out this link and exercise!! Very Happy
http://www.bodyresults.com/E2CubicleCalisthenics.asp

Mariko Smile

Follow Your Bliss
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariko,
I have been doing the 'Walk Away the Pounds' series with Leslie Sansone and the "Slim in 6 " program with Debbie Siebers. They are both workout programs on dvd. I also plan on starting Weight Watchers when I find a night when I don't have anything else planned!!!! I also enjoy walking outside in the fresh air when the weather is nice.
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy, how do you like the Slim in 6? I've been tempted to order it. Are there a lot of "dance like" moves? Is it fast?

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla,
I started the program full blast yesterday!!! It is kind of like aerobics...lots of different kinds of moves. I am finding it kind of hard to keep up with, but you're supposed to take it at your own pace and gradually work yourself up. Go to www.beachbody.com and you can read all about it and they have message boards, etc. If you need any advice, don't hesitate to ask me! It's really supposed to work. You'll have to read all the success stories too. The lady who founded the program (Debbie Siebers) actually posts on the message boards and everything. Watch her on QVC some time too....I am hoping to get some great results. But you really need to change your diet also to have the program work. So far I love it!! It's hard, but no type of workout has ever been 'easy' for me!
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 10:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOw I never heard of this woman Debbie Siebers! I am going to check her out and see what all this hype is about! hehehe Mindy, i like walking in fresh air too, soo refreshing to just go outside and smell the air!!

I think dancing as much as you can helps too! Not any special kind of dancing but just dancing in general, going out and dancing, or cooking and dancing, dancing to music. Its fun!!

Also on a treadmill or outside...walking 1 minute then running 1 minute and keep switching..its supposed to burn the most calories....its a nice pace!

Follow Your Bliss
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 10:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Mariko---check out that website. I would not have ordered the program if I wasn't comfortable........read all the success stories. I'll keep you all updated on my progress with it!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: