quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SO DARN MAD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 7:08 PM    Post subject: SO DARN MAD Reply with quote

JUST HAD TO SAY SO DARN MAD AT MYSELF I COULD SCREAM...HOW COULD ANYONE DO SUCH A FOOLISH THING? I HAD TALKED TO THAT CIG FOR 6 DAYS TELLING IT I WAS A NON SMOKER AND CHOSE NOT TO FEED IT ANYMORE TO MY BODY. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND THEN WHAM BAM AND I WAS CRUSHED. I WAS SO PROUD THAT I COULD FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 38 YEARS HAVE ONE AROUND AND NOT SMOKE IT. I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE IF I HAD OF BEEN MYSELF BUT THEN WE GO INTO WOULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE ETC. I WISH I HAD A DONKEY TO KICK ME IN THE A==.

KAY

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't beat yourself up. Shit happens.........it took a lot of courage for you to come here and post. You owe it to yourself to work on finding out what triggered you to smoke. If you are a member of FFS, please go back and restart the modules. Write down all the reasons you want to quit.
It isn't easy......but it does gradually get easier as time goes by. Never let your guard down. The Scowling Demon can sneak up on you at any given time.
It may seem like the end of the world right now, but trust me, this is a chance for a beautiful new beginning. Get back on track with your quit ASAP! We'll be rooting for you,
UB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 7:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,
I couldn't have any cigs in the house when I first quit either--don't know if I could even now. Some people can and some can't. Don't let one little thing blow your quit--it was an opportunity to learn--so, learn and carry on. If I can quit, you can too Very Happy

Alice
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Guess what! You're human with human frailties and human weaknesses. Put this behind you and learn from it. You know you can quit smoking because you've done it. Just keep it going and get rid of those things.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 9:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, don't waste any more energy beating yourself up; the past is past. you can't change it now.

what you can do is choose not to smoke right now. just keep doing that, without agonizing over the past or worrying about the future, and you'll be fine.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 5:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, everyone has already said it very well. Pick yourself up and get going again. We understand how hard this is. You CAN do this!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 12:26 PM    Post subject: No Smokes In The House?!?!? Reply with quote

I've heard of people who can have smokes in the house and not smoke them... I am not one of them... maybe you are not either?

Do you live with a smoker? If not, maybe you should not have smokes in the house again. If you do, maybe you could ask the smoker to hide their smokes in a place where you would not be able to find them.

One more thing, did you do all the modules on FFS? If yes, maybe you should go back and redo some of them. If not, maybe you should try FFS? It has worked for me for 16+ days.

Good luck!!!! You can do this!!! You can beat this horrible addiction!!! Be strong, be determined, and NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!!!

We are all here for you.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 12:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kay, You just start over, thats all. Just take ahold of God's hand and say "well here we go again, Lord" and He just smiles down and is more than happy to take your hand.

We all love you here. You can do this. It took Edison more than once to invent the light bulb.

Yep, I just pinched myself, I'm human. So are you!

May God Bless You!

Love, Londa Wink

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 9:19 AM    Post subject: it is ok Reply with quote

Don't beat yourself up. My name Is Jeri and I had quit for 12 days and smoked last night, I was so mad at myself but am starting over. I threw them away picked up my boot straps and moven on sister. I will always be a nonsmoker, I may slip up here or there but it is a learning expieriance for me and ever adict out there. We can do this . May God give us the strength and the will to survive this killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: