quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 7:43 PM    Post subject: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Reply with quote

I am having a hard time guys. I know smoking is not an option but I freaking want one. I ate this huge lunch today- shrimp poboy, fries and coke- got so full and thought it would be perfect to finish it off with a smoke. Well still feeling that way hours later. I feel whiney, bitchy, crabby and all those things I felt when I first quit. Also weight beginnning to be an issue. I cannot stop eating!! Now I have no time to work out until 10 or 11 at night and I am so tired by then!! I know, whah right. I need to buck up and take it and I will. But it sucks right now! Maybe getting close to the 3rd month has something to do with it like you guys had previously said. Thanks for listening.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 7:55 PM    Post subject: Good going Reply with quote

Oh, where is that rainbow when you need it?

Overeating can sure cause Scowling Demon to think he has to pop in and help. Spicy food does the same thing to me. Guess for a lot of quitters alcohol gets Laughing Demon attention.

Well, you're doing exactly the right thing. Come here and post. Then take a nice walk.

Kaye
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 8:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Easy girl! Take some real deep cleansing breaths. Inhale through your mouth and exhale through your nose. Do it slow and deliberate. Get your mind focused on something to keep you occupied. You can overcome this.

About the weight. Marigirl posted a good article. I believe on the wellness section. Check it out.

With the weight gain, try to cut down on the size of the portons to start. It's hard. The quit is the main thing. Once you get the crave under control, then you can concentrate on the weight. Just make minor adjustments in the eating habits. Nothing too drastic right now. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with too much at once. That would be counterproductive for the quit and controling weight. Since you work late, can you possibly do a few stretches in the morning? Or maybe a brisk walk then?

You will get through this! I know you will. Keep your resolve. Read your list of why I want to quit. Tell Laughing Demon to get lost. You're not smoking!

Keep going!

Love,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 8:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good rant, Barb!

you say you can't stop eating and you don't have time to work out; do you get a lunch hour? is it long enough for you to get to the gym?

(tiptoeing away from this thread now; don't want to get hit by a flying po-boy... Smile )

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! thanks for the replys they sure do help, I always know I can count on ya'll. I actually get off from work at normal hours- I work 8:30-5, but I have 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats and a husband who all need some lovin after work. That usually takes most of my time but bless my hubby, he made lunches and everything tonight for the kids so I could go work out. He has that "oh no, barb's had enough" radar. As far as a lunch break goes it ranges from 30min to just enough time to scarf down a sandwich while answering patient calls or between blood pressures and urine dipsticks. No time for work out there. I think alot of it is also I had been off from work for two years up until 2 months ago. I had 2 years with my kids and cleaning and gardening and napping if my son took a nap....... but could not stand that anymore now that the last one is in Kindergarten and nothing but boredom and the reminder that I don't smoke any longer at home. So just more adjusting on my part. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself because Laughing Demon is on my back. I did get one hell of a work out tonight though. I got 2 miles in 30min on treadmill and did a complete leg and bun workout. Tomorrow I have promised myself upper body. Anyway have rambled long enough. Thanks again guys.

Barb
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 10:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, you inspire me. Very Happy You are going through such major changes and you are handling it so well. You are entitled to a rant every now and then. Hang in there. You are doing a great job on this Quit!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by ms_tapestry on August 24, 2004 11:06 PM; edited 1 time in total
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! You wore me out on the dog, 2 cats, 3 kids and a husband! And being back to work just two months! No wonder you're having a crave! But you know and we all know......you can do this!

Hang in There!

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 24, 2004 11:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

See I couldn't figure out how you ate a sandwich while doing urine dipsticks! ewwwwwww ( just kidding ).

Sounds like you got thru this hurdle, Good Job!!!

Hugs
Deb
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2004 9:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barb all i want to do is eat to, so i went out and bought alot of fruit and bveggys and not fatning Items to munch on. I don't work so I have time to work out. I try to everyday just to get rid of the craving and stress of my quit. I do have a 3 year old who takes alot of my time. Maybe on the weekend you can work out. when ever you go somewhere park your car as far away as you can so you get some walking in. If your somewhere and have to go up a couple floors and they have steps and an elivator . take the steps, any excersise helps. be good to your self.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 25, 2004 9:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2004 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barb,

It sounds like you stay very busy. My suggestion would be to be very careful when you are eating a sandwich and using the urine dipstick in between. You would not want to get the wrong straw. LOL
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 25, 2004 5:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read your post, Barb. Think I'll go take a nap -- you wore me out. Keep it up. You're doing a fantastic job.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 27, 2004 2:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Exercise! We've been talking about exercise in this post.

Sounds more to me like you need a REST! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dear girl. I know how you feel. Same amount in our house, just add one more young'n in there. (You know Kevin chickened out earlier tip toeing away. You should sick the dog on him. Very Happy )

Seriously, though, glad to hear hubby is understanding and has insight too. Good for you. Keep up the exercise and the quit.

Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 27, 2004 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the way I feel lately I will have to make a promise that I will chew on one of those dipsticks before having a smoke! Don't think I will have one soon!! Yeah Kevin did chicken out, will have to send a flying poboy his way when he least expects it Laughing

Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: