quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pictures of members...One way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:35 PM    Post subject: Pictures of members...One way Reply with quote

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=59922989-7c4b-6ec7-3e0f-47676c9e3d7a&size=
Ok folks this is not ideal, but it is one way we can view each other. You will have to click on the above address, but then you should see the smiling face of me and my hubby.
Let me know if this works for all of you.
I will keep trying to figure out how to insert the actual picture

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on msn messenger and one of us can create a chat room ...we could call it ....Oh say....."Smoke free friends" Then we can all sign into that chat room at a specified time or any time for that matter. While you are chatting whether one on one or in the chat room you can send pictures. IF you have the pictures you want to send in your computer. You can not send 3d snap shots. The picture you insert already has to be in the computer in order to insert it into your message. for more information go to your msn messenger and click on help. Then go to send pictures or files.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 1:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Carol, there you are. Hmmm - you look strangly familiar. Are you sure you never bought a fireplace or spa from my dad? You're the smiling, down home lady I knew you were - and apparently very happy with hubby. Nice to finally meet you!!!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 2:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know, I could talk to Ed. He's a computer geek and has room on the server.. that's how I use my own photographs in my signature.. I post them on the server here and then use that "img" option in the tool bar above (Carol, are you sure you can't just type in the URL, highlight your text and press "img" on the tool bar.. do you know what I'm talking about?)

The same way people put in figs, they should be able to plop in images of themselves.

-Zuzu
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 4:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I tried that and all I got was the url with the Img on both ends ; It wouldn no transfer into a picture. I'll keep trying

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 4:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you, Carol!

unfortunately, the img tags won't work with that picture; they only work with direct URLs to image files (i.e.; "http://www.some-domain.com/images/image.gif", or something similar - notice that this phony URL ends in an image name: "image.gif").

your picture is atually being served by a Java application. see where it says "servlet" in the URL? ("http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=59922989-7c4b-6ec7-3e0f-47676c9e3d7a&size=") this indicates that there's an application between us and the actual image. if you also notice, the URL does not end in an image name (i.e.; "image.jpg" or "image.gif"), but an identifier ("LinkPhoto?GUID=59922989-7c4b-6ec7-3e0f-47676c9e3d7a&size=") that tells the application where to find the image file.

i'd suggest you find another place to host your images; somewhere where you can link directly to the image file itself. there are a number of free services - if you click on this sentence, it will run a search on google - when i ran the search just now, it came back with over 400,000 results, so there are a lot to pick from.

happy hunting! (and good idea on the virtual gtg!)

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: April 22, 2004 5:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol
Nice to se you and hubby.
Jim
Vanessa

Quit Date:
March 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 10:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful, healthy couple!!!! You guys ROCK!

Don't accept your current situation as a permanent station in life. You have the power to change. Strive for more.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 11:24 AM    Post subject: Hi Carol!!! Reply with quote

I see Carol and her hubby, and Angela and Paula and some crazy chick!!! I saw the webshots album. I'm afraid I'm going to scare everyone. But it's cool to see some of my other buddies out there!! Don't be scared, it's just me!!!

Carol, thanks for putting that album together. I love meeting everyone like this!!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 11:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the album too , but I cannot take credit for it. That was Rach who organizedit and put it together. I appreciate the thanks but it really belongs to Rach

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 12:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, Carol...

I really suck at names. There are so many of you, and I apologize to Rach for giving credit elsewhere....I"ll have to find her and let her know. I still like your picture though... Oops!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: