quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

This is serious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 22, 2004 4:36 PM    Post subject: This is serious Reply with quote

What I am about to say is true. GOD NEEDED ME
When I was 17 years old I tried to commit suicide. My father and I were having a fight. He said something horrible, do not remember. I just know I felt there was no hope. Went to medicine cabinet and took handful of tranquelizers. Later when Mom came home, I told her I didn't want to die. My Mom was getting ready to take me to hospital, my father said " I hope they pump the living shit out of you"

Well his wish came true. The doctors and nurses were not kind. They were angry that I would throw away my life. THe next day police came and my mom told me I was to say nothing was wrong. I remember so bad I wanted to tell them the truth, but obeyed my mom. To this day I can not remember what my dad said to me to make me feel so hopeless.

But now we come to the part of why I write this. I AM SO THANK FUL THAT I DID NOT SUCCEED! Because of this, I have learned that there is always tomorrow. Light at the end of the tunnel. If I had succeeded I would not have experienced the following:

Marriage
The loss of my first child
The birth of my daughter
THe birth of my son
Graves disease
Overcoming alcohol
The rain
The sun
THe many storms in my life
The comfort of Gods Love
Accepting Christ into my heart
Learning about Love and Kindness
Meeting my biological father when I was 38(He never knew I existed)
All my friends
Poetry
Music
My Portraits
My attempts to quitting smoking
My Quit now....and all my new cyber friends

I could go on, but I think you all understand what I am saying here. I just needed to write it. You see, God needs all of us. When we are suffering, it is to help us grow. We may not like it at the time, but later we sometimes understand.

So I thank God for giving me life and forgiving me for trying to take it away.

And I thank all of you, for your kindness and warmth. THis thanks comes from the bottom of my heart to yours.

GOD be with you all.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.

Last edited by londa on August 23, 2004 7:28 AM; edited 1 time in total
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 22, 2004 4:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
16Ocean

Quit Date:
April 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 22, 2004 10:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this, sounds to me, like you have come a very long way. And, yes, indeed hardships and blessings, and not really in that order. I am glad you are here today, and sometimes knowing others have gone through incredibly hard times, and they still are standing, functioning, really helps. For is shows us, the hardest of times in life, do not have to do us in, maybe as you, they strengthen us, and then we too have something to share to others who feel they cannot go on any further, they can, you did, that gives other's hope, thank you, Heidi
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 23, 2004 2:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

Your story is touching. God is so amazing and awesome. The most awesome part is that He loves us, each one of us.
You're story reflects His deep love.

May God Continue to Bless You,
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 23, 2004 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank God too for sharing you with us. Your time was not then...your inspiration as helped so many.

God does have a plan for each of us now doesn't he.

Never give up on life...it's a gift from God.

Sandyz
Ten months, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 53 seconds. 13727 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,873.79. Life saved: 6 weeks, 5 days, 15 hours, 55 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 23, 2004 11:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, it is amazing how much you have gone through in your life. I have gone through alot in my life too many bad things. It is wonderful how the good Lord works in our lives and turns the bad into the good if we let him. I am so proud of you. keep it up. I will always have you in my heart and pray for you.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 23, 2004 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Essie
4/14/04
skiermom

Quit Date:
July 25, 2003

PostPosted: August 29, 2004 9:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!

Today is a gift........enjoy it!

Eileen
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 29, 2004 10:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Lordy Londa,

You scared the crap out of us...since no one else said it. I am so glad to know you are doing ok. Since you have such a wonderful relationship with our higher power, would you please tell him we need you too! I really missed you, reading your posts and you singing us a song. Hope you have a blessed night.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 8:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bles you Londa! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: