quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One more night over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:02 AM    Post subject: One more night over Reply with quote

You guys and gals must be tough as nails as I was up nearly every hour in the night and never thought morning would come. Now I just feel like crying that its here. Crying or Very sad
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody, Quitting is a tough row to hoe. Everyone here knows that and we appreciate what you are going through. Sleep disruption is very common in the early days. One thing you might watch is your caffeine intake, especially late in the afternoon. This would include coffee, tea, some types of coke and even chocolate. There are some great herbal teas that help induce sleep. And instead of worrying, try to use this time to read or watch an old movie on tv. Take it one hour or even one minute at a time if you need. Just don't smoke. I promise you, it does get better. Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had any thought of smoking I wouldn't be crying about it I would have done it. It's the fact it's Monday and I'd set myself up to get through another weekend and since I had figured that was the hard part I realized once it was over now I have to get through another week. Can't we have a smiley face that's pulling it's hair out. I feel one of those might cheer me up. Laughing
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody, you don't have to get through another week. Let tomorrow take care of itself. All you have to do is get through today. I believe our fearless leader taught me that. I hope you can get out of the house today and do some walking. Outside or in a mall. Breath some fresh air and rejoice in another day smoke free. You are doing just fine. Very Happy

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melody! My daughter's name is that also. When I can't sleep, (from not smoking plus premenapause) Here is what I do:

1. Talk to God
2. Sing hymns
3. NEVER LOOK AT THE CLOCK
4. Don't fight it
5. Count my blessings

And I never eat past 7:00 at night. You hang in there girl. YOu will be able to do this. It seems like each one of us has something we have to deal with when quitting. NOt everybody gets the same withdrawals.

I will be praying for you. So you may have the comfort you need and the perservirance to keep going. YOU MADE A GOOD CHOICE!

May Jesus Bless your new life of freedom! Very Happy

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 30, 2004 7:34 AM    Post subject: londa Reply with quote

Even I was worried about you as I was reading the post. Glad to see you are fine.
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 7:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept great for the first time since I quit and even this morning is manageable. Just wanted to say GOOD MORNING to ALL.
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 8:49 AM    Post subject: Hi Melody! Reply with quote

Glad to see you're doing better this morning. I know I had depression pretty bad the first two weekends of my quit. This past weekend wasn't as bad. Seems like it gets better the more time marches on. I'm even on Wellbutrin - which I know isn't really a "happy" pill, just takes the edge off. That's how i'm managing my quit...I will probably be here much more frequently when I start to get myself off the WB, but until then I'm just taking it one day at a time.
I say to myself, "the urge will pass whether I smoke or not" and that seems to help.

What frustrated me was that I wasn't able to sleep through the night, but I would then sleep ALL day! Go figure. Smile

Hang in there you are doing GREAT!!! Smile

Kris
Three weeks, two days, 7 hours, 16 minutes and 51 seconds. 466 cigarettes not smoked, saving $93.21. Life saved: 1 day, 14 hours, 50 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 9:51 AM    Post subject: kjsblue Reply with quote

Thanks I'm glad to hear it's getting better for you it gives me hope. Starting next week I will be volenteering at the school so I figure that will help some. Very Happy
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 1:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melody, so glad you are doing better this morning. I used to volunteer at the school when my kids were little. I loved it. Enjoy! Very Happy

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 2:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Melody, when someone quits smoking it is the toughest thing for certain people to do. Nicatine is a very addictive drug not to metion the enjoyment of puffing the cig . Just remember you are doing it to stay alive. If you don't quit the outcome isn't going to be pretty. As time goes on it gets easyer. Hang in there , buy some cinnamon sticks, they are a great replacement . Jeri
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 8:03 PM    Post subject: bake10 Reply with quote

Thanks might try them. Cinnamon is supposed to also lower cholesterol.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I too had and still do have trouble sleeping through the night. You may want to take this time to read Kevin's Tales. It may make you relax enough and feel confident enough to drift on off. It has worked for me.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 8:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually had another great nights sleep and feeling much better than I did a few days ago. I'm just going to make it after all. Laughing I've also discovered Ontario is a great place to live at least where I'm from. I can go anywhere and know I won't run into people smoking as long as it is inside as that's not allowed here. Outside you must take your chances but winter is coming and I have always hated freezing to death to have a smoke. I know there will be rough times but I'm thinking it feels like the worst is over. At least I don't feel sick anymore and since I'm sleeping again it doesn't seem dismal anymore. Have a great day all and thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: