quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pictures of what smoking can do to people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 8:22 PM    Post subject: pictures of what smoking can do to people Reply with quote

This may sound dumb, but I know that when ever I look at pictures of someone on oxygen or in a hospital bed
dying of lung cancer, oral cancer, etc.. I think really hard about my cravings, and how important it is that I stay away from cigarettes. I think that if we had a post such as this, when we need a reminder or are ready to cave in , it would help keep us on track. I go to other sites to find pictures on my own, when I think about really wanting to take up smoking, it really jolts me back to reality. It would be easyer if we had such a thing here. I don't know if others look up pictures as well. Something to think about.
Jeri
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 8:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a picture person, but you do whatever you need to do to stay Quit. I was watching Oprah today and she had a doctor on who was showing lungs damaged by smoking. Ooooh, gross. Sad My imagination is vivid enough without the pictures. Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 9:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i don't respond well to such images, but i realize that some people do. if you wanted to start such a thread, Jeri, i wouldn't object, but i think it would be best if you make it clear with your subject that it contains graphic images, so people who'd rather not see such things can pass it by, and put a credit in the post that says where you found the picture(s) (something like, "i found these pictures at website X", would be fine).

you say you've already found a number of such pictures; there's a tutorial - in the 'message board tips' forum - on how to post pictures, if you need guidance on that. i'd think either the 'staying quit' or 'getting quit' forum would be the best choice for a thread like this.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 9:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hey Tonya, I saw that show! Opera was having some fun with the doctor, huh?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hey Tonya, I saw that show! Opera was having some fun with the doctor, huh?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: September 2, 2004 10:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeri
i completely agree. those pictures often help keep me on track as well. would definitely need some kind of warning for the weak of stomach Confused
jen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: