quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weekends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 10:21 AM    Post subject: Weekends Reply with quote

I was a total mess last friday as I couldn't even imagine going through the weekend. Then once I'd made it Monday was even worse as I realized now it wasn't 2 days I had to get through but 5. Someone here mentioned the one day at a time but at that time my mind was in the doomed stage so it didn't seem to help overly much. I'm still not a one day at a time type of thinker but I'm on top of the world as the next 2 days hold no fear for me. I'll let you know how Monday morning feels later. Thanks guys for being around. Very Happy

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 10:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Melody. Once you've survived it, you know it's survivable. You're doing great. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about one challenge at a time? Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 1:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading your post and thinking, "I wonder what Melody does that she has to work on Labor Day?" OH yeah, she lives in Ontario! LOL!!! Embarassed

Have a great weekend and know there are people "out here" pulling for you! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 4:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody, you did good , pat your self on the back, jump for joy. Just think if you stay away from smoking you can enjoy the 7 days in the week insteadof fighting for your life because the cig friend gave you a bad disease. Keep choosing life , and breathe breathe , breathe. Laughing Laughing Laughing Jeri
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 9:00 PM    Post subject: alleghany Reply with quote

Sorry I retired at 40 and I forgot it was a long weekend. Retired by the way means I gave up working to help my brother raise his 4 kids age 4,6,8 and 10 as he is a single parent.I live on Lake Simcoe and we all have cabannas but I just came up to the house because it was getting to tough to deal with the smokers. Sucks as the party is likely to go on till 4 but after I take a break I will likely go back. Laughing

Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: September 4, 2004 9:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the rest of the party but Morning still came and all was as usual. Our end of summer party last all weekend around here. Tonight is the open face sandwich party. I'm hoping to be able to stay a bit longer tonight before I start thinking of chucking people in the lake> Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: