quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cinnamom sticks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 2:35 PM    Post subject: cinnamom sticks Reply with quote

I decided to go buy some cinnamon sticks and use them as a cig in times that I would want one. I am going golfing for the 3rd time sense my quit, I use to always smoke a ton.... when I golfed . I am takeing the whole jar of sticks with me and pretend I am smoking them if I find I need to. Not only can you pretend your smoking them , they taste good. I choose life, and will do anything not to smoke. Jeri
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 4:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you bring some napkins or something, so your grips don't get all sticky... Cool

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 31, 2004 8:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A woman with a plan. Very Happy Have fun.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2004 7:34 PM    Post subject: Worked for me! Reply with quote

I personally found the cinnamon sticks were very helpful! You do mean the spice aisle, mulled wine or spiced cider sort of cinnamon sticks - not a candy stick - right? I still keep one stashed in my purse where I used to keep a lighter. Early in my quit - I used to make sure I had my cinnamon sticks - just like I used to check for my cig pack as I was headed out the door. Holding a cinnamon stick was very comforting. Over time I don't find myself needing or wanting that "comfort" - but I definitely substituted "puffing" on a cinnamon stick for smoking - especially when coping with the "stress" or "emotional" triggers.
I hope you hit them long and straight! I took golf lessons at the beginning of my quit as an alternative activity that got me off the couch and moving. Driving range time was a good aggression outlet. Whack that ball! I'm still not a hacker, not a golfer! I'm curious to see how the cinnamon worked out for you!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 2, 2004 7:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary, yes I am talking about the spice stick. i take the whole jar in my purse, it is like having a pack of cigs with me. I think they are very helpful. My 3 year old son sucks on on with me, you know kids are copy cats. The good news is he is copying a good thing not a bad one. Jeri
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 4, 2004 11:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cool idea! I think am going to try, i love cinnamon too!! Sometimes i put a stick inside mixed with grinds when i make coffee. Yummy cinnamon infused coffee. But using them to get over the hand mouth thing might help me out during rough times! Thanks for the idea!!

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: