quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A snake by any other name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 1:17 PM    Post subject: A snake by any other name Reply with quote

found this in Rubys quit diary. ....She had some awesome articles too

A Snake by any other Name
Once upon a time there was a woman who was walking in the hot desert when she heard the rattle of a poisonous snake close by. She thought he was very beautiful though, and she found him pleasing, tempting, exciting, enticing, and intriguing. She came closer.
She shyly spoke to him, "Mr. Snake, how are you today? You look very handsome in the shining sun." The lowly snake replied, "Ssss...thank you, my lovely." She took another step closer and asked, "Mr. Snake, if I brought you home with me, would you bite me?" And the snake answered her, "Ssss...of course not, my lovely, I am everything you want me to be and I will never hurt you."

And so, a bit timid at first, she reached out her hand and picked him up. He curled around her neck and smiled as only a snake can, without lips and without warmth.

She carried him home and welcomed him into private world. The snake lived with her for a long time. She soon forgot he was a snake and he became much more to her. He was her companion and her friend. She was dependent on him for many things. And then, one day, he savagely bit her. The poison quickly entered her body and she was immediately aware of her peril. She was doomed to die very shortly.

With much fury and fear, she screamed with her last breath, "Why?! Why did you do this to me? I brought you home. I fed you. I cared for you. I trusted you!"

As he slithered out the door without a backward glance, he said over his shoulder "Sssss...you knew my name when you first picked me up."

Nicotine does not have compassion.
Addiction does not show mercy.

The cigarette is not your friend.

ruby's quit smoking diary

Diary Home

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 2:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol, Great post! Cigarettes are not anyones friend. To believe that is to believe a lie.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 2:16 PM    Post subject: Thanks Carol Reply with quote

Carol,

Thanks for posting this reminder. Sometimes it's so easy to forget the real nature of our addiction. I love reading Rubie's diary, she's got some great essays written there!

Jeri
Five months, one week, three days, 13 hours, 15 minutes and 39 seconds. 4876 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,021.38. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 1:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaky and spookie.

-Zuzu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: