quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All the difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 8:10 PM    Post subject: All the difference Reply with quote

Oh my, the weekend that it all comes down to is finally here. Every bit of what I have to do has to happen, now. Exclamation Exclamation

So, I just wanted to tell you all that you (and everyone that I miss from FFS like Marli) are the ones that have made all the difference. Wink

Growing crowds gather outside of campus buildings this time of year, puffing away. I hobbled by them today with that Laughing Demon -thinking, oh, it's just one. I am so strong that I can have just one.

Then, Shocked a light went off, reminding me that there is a community that I've been working with for a long time. That group of folks that go through the same thing every day and have not given up.

Anyway, Embarassed I'm a little embarrassed, but I didn't smoke .. and it was all of you that made all the difference (once again.)
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 8:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoey, I am very proud of you. Very Happy You did not listen to the nicodemon. Laughing Demon You did not smoke. You passed yet another test. You keep on blowwing those bubbles. NOT SMOKE!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Zoey,

I'm really glad Howard and I didn't have to come over there. It would've been a long trip for both of us and painful too! Way to go Hon. Keep hanging in there--you're going for the big 8 soon and things will get easier. You're hobbling better, yes? And you'll be healed. It takes time and lots of patience and you are winning. Because you are one awesome woman. The Marvel says so! Woohoo for you dear heart!

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 11:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so proud of you Zoey! You are strong and you do have a lot of peeps here with support and love. You know, will power you demonstrated today should be rewarded! You do deserve it..even if its an ice cream cone.

What a wonderful example you are...thank you!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 11:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoey
Way to go girl.....life goes on in spite of the fact that we have quit smoking....and you know what....sometimes that makes me very P.O.'d
But I guess like it or not we still have to live in a world that allows smokers. It is a tough one to be around a bunch of them though....no doubt about it. And how quick that old addiction starts yelling in our heads. But you won . That is so GREAT...You beat it and you are the VICTOR.
Keep up the great quit.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Suzanne

Quit Date:
March 28, 2003

PostPosted: April 23, 2004 11:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Marli! And I LOVE to blow bubbles! I used to need a child around as an excuse to blow some, but now that I'm over 40 I decided I don't give a hang what other people think. ROFL Thar she blows!!!!

Suzanne H.
over 1 year breathin' easy

The urge will pass whether you smoke or not!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesP

Quit Date:
November 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 12:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zoey,

Hang in there. Think about how you'll look back on this period from the vantage point of a few months and be soooo glad you didn't lose your quit over something like this.

James

Enjoy your quit -- it's the last one you'll ever have!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 1:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME job Zoey!! You've had quite a few rough days lately..You've been hanging on like a total trooper..AND now it's about time you rewarded yourself for your dilligence. Might I recommend a nice massage?

You rock!

-Zuzu
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 7:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's those smokers? Mad
Send em over my way and they'll be toast, Zoey! You tell 'em I said so, and we'll kick their butts (heh, heh) Exclamation

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 1:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading this made me tear up. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: