quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FFS Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 10:20 AM    Post subject: FFS Boards Reply with quote

Perhaps someone who can get into FFS without a lot of hassel even though I know it is still hassel should perhaps copy the mods and post them here for those who are still working them and can't get into them

One week, five days, 23 hours, 19 minutes and 59 seconds. 518 cigarettes not smoked, saving $89.50. Life saved: 1 day, 19 hours, 10 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 11:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that you email Kevin about that one, Leona.. I do believe there might be some copyright infringement issues - but perhaps if Kevin is interested, he could have the appropriate conversations. Just a thought.

-Zuzu
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 24, 2004 11:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuzu just did that we will see what kevin has to say thanks for suggesting it I did not think of that.
One week, six days, 53 minutes and 17 seconds. 521 cigarettes not smoked, saving $89.95. Life saved: 1 day, 19 hours, 25 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it took so long to respond to this suggestion, Leona - i was out of town all weekend.

although i understand (and share) your concern, i'm pretty sure that the modules that make up the freedom from smoking program are copyrighted by the american lung association (someone else may want to verify this; i don't have a user account there since the new boards were put in place, so i'm not sure i can access anything at the new site), and, if that's the case, they probably would not look kindly on their material being "lifted" and posted on another site (even with the best intentions, copyright infringement is still illegal, and i have no desire to step on anyone's toes).

i'd be willing to discuss the possibility of a temporary accommodation with someone from ala, but they would have to initiate the conversation.

in the meantime, i would remind everyone of the terms of use, specifically as they relate to copyrighted materials:

"You also agree not to post copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have the consent of the copyright owner."

and i would ask everyone to respect the ala's right to determine the fair use of their materials by not posting them here.

thanks.

kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: