quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The aftermath of Hurricane Charley/ Awesome Photo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 2:58 AM    Post subject: The aftermath of Hurricane Charley/ Awesome Photo Reply with quote

This is a photo of a cloud formation in the aftermath of Hurricane Charley. I think it is awesome and needed to be passed on.

OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE IN THE HOLLOW OF HIS HANDS!!

I thought this was unique and to come in the aftermath of Hurricane Charley
The Hands of GOD...

Both my daughters and three of my grandkids live in Florida...prayers have been said every day for all Florida folks. (All people effected my this nightare.)

I believe the Lord is watching his children...find comfort in this.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 11:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can think to say is "WOW"

Kris
One month, three weeks, two days, 9 hours, 56 minutes and 8 seconds. 1088 cigarettes not smoked, saving $217.66. Life saved: 3 days, 18 hours, 40 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this picture from??

Just curious, I would like to believe it is real pic of clouds, but many things out there are photoshopped!

But it is definitely cool picture!

Thanks for sharing

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 1, 2004 11:49 PM    Post subject: photo shopped??? Who knows. Reply with quote

This photo was sent to me by a friend that lives in Florida and said her friend took the photo.

Quote:
photo shopped!
??

Never crossed my mind.

I guess because a very long time ago I was going through a terrible tragedy and had to go from one state to another by plane. I was very depressed but distracted by the oddness of the cloud formations out side the planes window. I took several photos.

I remember crying during most of the trip feeling so alone during this time. Months later when I developed the photos I was astonished to see what appeared to be a picture of Jesus in the clouds. Even my 5 year old daughter pointed it out.

I felt then and always have the Lord watches over all his children. I believe that day and many other times in my life I have been in the hands of the Lord. Many prayers have been sent to Florida during all four hurricanes, Charley came the closest to my youngest daughters home. Ft Myers. Her work place on Santa bell Island is demolished.

For me the power of prayer is powerful. So I didn't question the authenticity of such a moving photo. For me that is the power of prayer…many prayed and the Lord answered. Lives may be lost and shattered but we are all held in his loving hands. Regardless of the how this photo came to be.

When I get through my photos some day I will post the photo I took of the clouds that day so long ago. I know that one is not tampered with…I hit the little click button personality.

This photo?? I don't know I guess to me the picture moved me and I felt the need to pass it on. It is awesome no matter how it came to be.

Faith and hope helps me put one foot in front of the other when my life is in shambles. I don't need a picture for that.

Sandyz
Eleven months, one week, one day, 14 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds. 15507 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,116.79. Life saved: 7 weeks, 4 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2004 12:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly an awesome picture....I believe he watches over his children everyday!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2004 1:52 PM    Post subject: A not so subtle hint...from God? Reply with quote

I admit there is a spiritual component to my quit. The flyer that led me to a study being done by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - showed up in my mail box - nothing extraordinary about that - but it was on a Saturday and it was the only piece of mail in the box that day. I'm rarely at home on a Saturday (usually miles and miles away caring for my 82 year old mother) and who gets JUST ONE piece of mail? I took the message to heart and walked in the house and immediatley called to sign up for the study. I'd sort of been thinking...I know I should try to quit...and my sister had quit over a year and a half earlier, and I hated the rattle I heard in my breathing as I was trying to fall asleep - I just didn't really know HOW to try to quit. That study has lead me to 109 smoke free days. Out of the nine in my study group, two of us have been successful, two have totally dropped out and three are still trying. I didn't know I could quit - and I truly believe my success is partly due to the prayers and support of my family and friends. Someone was always been there with an encouraging word when I most needed the help to again choose to NOT smoke...More than once as I was contemplating chucking it...someone would call on the phone....just in the nick of time and strengthen my resolve. I'm so glad I tried...I really didn't know if I would be able to quit...but I knew that I had to try and praise GOD!!! - it's worked. Amen! ...but then again...it might be zyban!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2004 5:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen! Sandy!

Very Happy

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him, all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heav'nly host,
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2004 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, thanks for sharing that photo. I too believe that the Lord watches over us daily and I have to share this. The day that Charley blew through our area as most of you know the county that I live in took a direct hit as did the county just to the north of us. Where I live there was a large path of destruction to the west of our house and a large path of destruction to the east of our house. in the direct path of our home very slight damage.
One of my sons stayed at his duplex thinking it was not going to be "that bad". His entire street was tore up roofs blown off huge tress feel on homes and in the street all kinds of debris landed in their yard even somones ceiling fan. However the ONLY thing that happened to the home he was in was a screen door flew off. A cousin living in the same town as I had a lot of damage in his neighborhood but his haouse was spared any damage. My aunt lived in the county hit the hardest she lost her home and a rental home however as she was able to get back to her home of her clothing was fine and she had a wonderful very old Hummel colletion not touched. I do believe that the Lord's hand was on our family I believe this because many family and friends who are out of the area told me they prayed for devine protection for us as well as the prayers we were praying. He does hear us. I believe that on that day we were in the palm of His hand as were many others.

Londa said and I say:
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him, all creatures here below,
Praise Him above ye heav'nly host,
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 9:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the explanation about the photograph. I didn't mean to question the photograph but working in the graphic design field everyday i see some amazing photos that are well...not real. SO i had to ask, I didn't mean anything negative by it. The photo is truly amazing.

Very Happy

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2004 5:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know you didn't mean anything negative, Mariko!
We love ya! Wink

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 5, 2004 12:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i need to see the negative of the photo!! Yeah thats negative!! LOL

JK I am in a silly MooD!! haha can ya tell!!??

Laughing

mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: