quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Private message question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 2:26 PM    Post subject: Private message question Reply with quote

Just curious. Why is it that sometimes when I send someone a private message, it sits in the outbox? Other times they go right away.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 5:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question, Angel. wish i had a good answer for it...

Smile

the great majority of the programming behind this bulletin board system was/is done by a group of people who refer to themselves as the phpbb group (the basic phpbb package is open source software, and is available for free download from the project website; you can find a link to the site at the bottom of every page of this site).

i've modified and added to the basic code to customize it for this application, but there's lots of code in the system that i've never even looked at (i've only really studied the parts that i wanted to customize - i haven't had time to do much else; there are many thousands of lines of code involved).

so i'm not sure what the answer to your question is; sorry... Sad

kevin
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 26, 2004 9:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it only goes out of your outbox (and then into your 'sent' box) once the recipient has read it. When you look at the items in your outbox do they look marked read or unread?

-Zuzu
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: April 27, 2004 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I wondered if that might be it after I asked about it. I was just curious if I was doing something wrong, but it seems like they sit in the outbox until the recipient reads them and then they transfer to sentbox. Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: