quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I got rear-ended on my lunaversary LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 12:03 PM    Post subject: I got rear-ended on my lunaversary LOL Reply with quote

Don't worry about that turbulence lasting for long no matter how mad you are at the time. By nightfall, you'll be ready to raise your glass and let bygones be bygones.

That is my horoscope for today...Pisces.... hmm...

Well I hope by tonight I will feel better. I got rearended last night waiting on the exit ramp from the parkway to turn right. THe fawwwkkiing kid behind me was soo eager to turn right he thought he had enough room to come up beside me and go around me. Umm..the lane was wide enough for one car at a time.. Well obviously he calculated wrong and Fawking hit the gas and hit me! The loud boom sound happened...and i was like OMG is this for real??? He pulls up next to me with the most stupidest opened mouth shocked face I have ever seen. I pull over and look at my car...The 3 steps I had to take made me wish there was not even a dent and I can be on my merry way... Unfortunately my eyes see a big ass hole in my bumper and that was enough for the heavy breathing and freaking out to start...I sat in my car, my boyfriend is on the phone.....I was like what do I do?? Oh My God i just got hit...Then the Kid was like...Uhh I never did this before so...I was like START BY PULLING OVER... He proceeds to tell me it was his first time doing this...Gee. for your first time you did an excellent job dude...

I called the cops....GOt an accident report filled out. I must mail in this document to have report mailed to my house. I have his insurance and info etc. I mailed out the request form today. I am going to take pics of my car damages.... Talked to my insurance today. Waiting for a call back within 24 hours. Having an adjustor come to my house to do an estimate on my car. Have to take a tape recorded statement... This whole thing is just soo annoying. He messed up my bumper, back light and dented my side. SO bascially i need a new bumper...light , paint job and the side to be banged out. What a loser this kid was. He was SO STUPID. He asks "does this mean my insurance is going to go up?" he also says things like..."i think you went to far by calling the cops", "dont people just usually take down info and leave, i mean you can still drive right" "I have class in like 10 minutes", "how much do you pay for insurance?" "is this your car?", "wow, the cops sure take a long time!" I said things like "Dude, I don't know", "yeah, i can still drive, but I need a report", "i am already late for class, so...your going to have to wait", "yeah the cops will be here", "insurance?? for a year?? dude...why"..."yes I own this car, its mine!" This kid had NO CLUE why i wanted a cop to come and have a report. He even tried to get out of it when she finally came... He seemed scared but the at the same time aloof, from the request i see, he doesnt even own his car, its his mommies. So i was right to deal with it the way I did, because I was dealing with a CHILD. How was I about to trust a KID to pay for damages on the side..without a report and without going through insurance. Was he going to give me 50 bucks a week?? I wasn't about to trust a stranger, screw that.. He messed up my car lovely, and he needs to pay for it, sorry. I mean, he was in such a hurry to get to class, he needed to hit me?? what a loser. He almost pushed me out into oncoming traffic. From behind me he couldnt see the street...He thought I was just sitting there, but there were many many cars coming and he decided to try to go around me, what a loser, its like, wait 30 secounds... UGH Im so annoyed! AHHH, so i just bought grape juice....strawberry orange banana, a box of tea, and chips and salsa. Buying these items made me feel better after I mailed out the request form at the post office. NO SMOKING!!

The Woman cop was just awesome. I am soo lucky and happy it was a woman and on top of it she was asian! Seeing her come out of the car and walking towards my car, was like seeing my mom LOL. I felt so comforted when I saw her, i was definitely delusional and scared..but those 2 things were pluses for me. Smile

I was soo close to finding a smoker last night to bum a cigg from them after this collision...But i didn't.....Since quitting smoking i am pretty good, but its time like that where I really jones for a cigg, but i didnt give in. I knew smoking wasn't an option but I am just saying what through my mind at that moment.. I listened to music and cried a little instead, being shook up and really freaked out made me a bit emotional. But I am soo glad it was just a little fender bender and nothing major, for that I am lucky.

So...yeah my first month free, i got rear ended lol. Pretty funny! Now my car looks like a piece of POO! I want to get a new ONE! lol Should that be my reward?? Subaru WRX!! HAHAHA

Follow Your Bliss
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 2:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariko:

I'll bet that kid just about shit his pants when he saw a female Asian cop! It would be even cooler if you guys had to go before a judge, and the judge was also female and Asian, huh? Smile

Hope you get everything fixed without a hassle.

Proud of ya for not smoking!

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 3:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

glad you're ok.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 4:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your first month literally ended with a bang! Sorry your car has a boo boo, glad you're ok and congratulations on a smoke-free month.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 4:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep saying this but only you ! Laughing Laughing Laughing I am glad you are ok but I bet the kid is still shaking in his pants....you are too funny girl. be safe today please.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 6:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Mariko. I know that is a bitch! If I read your post correctly did you say that there is a big asshole on your bumper? I don't get it! Laughing
Keep your chin up!
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 6:50 PM    Post subject: ....better luck tomorrow.... Reply with quote

What a way to celebrate your lunaversary! Now that's one more experience that you've survived as a non-smoker! I think its great that you stayed strong and didn't give in...I'm sure it was very tempting! Well done! I hope they can make your car as good as new....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 6:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing John, You read that right....that must be amazing to see.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 8:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariko, so sorry about your car, but I am so proud of you for not smoking under a very stressful situation. You rock! Cool John, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2004 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariko, What a way to celebrate. I'm sorry about your car. However, you are one hell of a story teller, You had me cracking up, then John had to add his 2 cents. Im in tears here for you........ Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I'm glad your ok, and hope getting your car fixed is painless.
Terry
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 8, 2004 9:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SO glad you are okay - and I'm SO sorry about your car! What a drag! As for that kid...sometimes it's really hard not to lose it, huh? My car was totalled about 4 years ago by a someone who sounds like she'd be your driver's sister and she DIDN'T have any insurance!! Mad

But I am SO VERY PROUD of you for sticking with your quit!! You knew it wouldn't make things better and you stuck it out! Smile Smile Yeah!!

Kris
Two months, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 29 seconds. 1226 cigarettes not smoked, saving $245.30. Life saved: 4 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 8, 2004 4:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Yeah a big asshole!

Laughing

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: