quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone have children with migraine headaches?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 27, 2004 8:01 PM    Post subject: Anyone have children with migraine headaches? Reply with quote

My 6 yr. old daughter was diagnosed today as having migraine headaches. I also suffer from migraines.......We had a ct scan done of her head today...thankfully that all came back normal besides it detected a sinus infection! So she's on antibiotics for that as of tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has children who have suffered with migraines?? Poor little thing, I feel so sorry for her. She's on a medicine now...can't remember the name of it. I pick it up at the pharmacy tomorrow.

Hugs,
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 27, 2004 11:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy,
My sister had migranes as a child, she would lay in the bed and holler her beany cap was coming off..I remember looking up at my Dad and saying "You realize she is not right"....I was the youngest Laughing Laughing I do remember her having to be in a dark room.. Kiss that darling for me...I am sorry she feels so bad.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 7:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy, I get migraines, and we suspect that my youngest may have had her first one about 6 months ago as well. She isn't on any special meds yet, we're still waching. I was 7 when I had my first one, and as you know, that kind of pain is very hard to explain to a little one. I hope your daughter can be helped with meds.

Interestingly enough, I never took migraine medications because one of the severe warnings was always not to if you smoke. Since I quit, I haven't had a migraine either...Headaches here and there, yes, but not my migraines. No idea if that's a coincidence or not, but it just came to me Wink

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 1:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mindy,

What a terrible burden for one so young. I suffered with migraines for years and can only imagine what you're going through. My heart goes out to both of you. Surely there's something on the market that will give her (and you) some relief. God bless you both.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 7:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I suffer migraines as well and if children get them as bad as some of them I've had I just feel so sorry for any child to have to go thru that. We start meds tomorrow. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the pharmacy today since my minivan had to be towed to the shop
Sad That's a whole story in itself....lol.
So, we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you all informed.

Hugs,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: