quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My quit got stronger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 6:11 PM    Post subject: My quit got stronger Reply with quote

First I would like to thank everyone for their messages aobut my Brother-in-Law's passing. I am over the initial shock, still in disbelief, reality is setteling in tho". I hope this does not sound bad or selfish, but beacause of Jerry's death at only the age of 58, my quit became much stronger. I am even more resolved in keeping my quit and spreading the word of quitting. I plan on letting the tobacco companies know that the blocking of my email address, as they have done, is not going to stop me in my reteric against them. I plan on letting my elected officials know that if they want my vote, that they need to take a stand against them. I know, I am just one vote, but one vote joining other voters in groups, can make a difference.
Now that all of that is said, I know that some out there worried that I might relapse because of Jerry's passing, I must tell everyone, that it never crossed my mind to pick up a smoke. So for me, I know now that I will never stick another cigarette in my mouth. Keep the Quit.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 6:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

This woman will carry your prayers to Creator. Jim you must be strong not in words but in spirit to honor Jerry with your freedom and healing.

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 6:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Jim. Your actions are a wonderful tribute to your brother-in-law. You inspire me!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 8:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you are talking and I can see you are stronger than ever....Jerry would be very proud.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 28, 2004 11:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, Jim - keep up the great attitude!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 29, 2004 8:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Your doing great Jim!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: October 30, 2004 4:04 AM    Post subject: Jim/Kevin Reply with quote

A single voice carried with the wind can make a difference Jim. (I have a true story beind that...later)

Never give up. I'll help you as well. I am reposting some fliers at work I got off of this site. I am going to talk all I can about the benifits of not smoking and pray.

Both my brother and sister in law have just now passed their six month lunaversary. Dad finally put the smokes down. Even if he picks them up again it will be on his mind to try again...again. We only have two full time smokers in our family left. (Out of seven) When I came to FFS there were 6 of us smokers.

Now I need to work harder speading the word to my kids. My granddaughter, my friends my loved ones. My on-line blog is geared around quit smoking and I make Smokers beware of addition to nictine banners and post them. I have had several e-mails about the quit process.

Kevin can I add a link to your site to my on-line blog??? Or in the least post this web address?

Thanks for helping recharge the reasons to help others quit battery.

You again are an inspiration to me Jim. We'll take this death and move mountains...one smoker at a time if need be.

Sandyz
One year breathing free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: October 31, 2004 11:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic jim, Keep up your great quit.
Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: