quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a reminder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 14, 2004 3:03 PM    Post subject: a reminder Reply with quote

got this in an email today and thought i'd share it:

----

SLEEP LAST NIGHT?

Bed a little lumpy...

Toss and turn any...

Wish the heat was higher...

Maybe the a/c wasn't on...

Had to go to the john...

Need a drink of water...

?

?

?

?

?

Scroll down

Yes... It is like that!

Count your blessings, pray for them,

Talk to your Creator
and
the next time when...

the other car cuts you off and you must hit the brakes,
or you have to park a little further from Walmart than you want to be,
or you're served slightly warm food at the restaurant,
or you're sitting and cursing the traffic in front of you,

or the shower runs out of hot water,

Think of them...

Protecting your freedom!

DO NOT DELETE-PLS PASS ON-Message from Iraq

The proud warriors of Baker Company wanted to do something to pay tribute To our fallen comrades. So since we are part of the only Marine Infantry Battalion left in Iraq the one way that we could think of doing that is By taking a picture of Baker Company saying the way we feel. It would be awesome if you could find a way to share this with our fellow countrymen. I was wondering if there was any way to get this into your papers to let the world know that "WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN" and are proud to serve our country." Semper Fi

1stSgt Dave Jobe

The attached photo was forwarded from one of the last U.S. Marine companies in Iraq. They would like to have it passed to as many people as possible, to let the folks back home know that they remember why they're there and that they remember those who've been lost.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 14, 2004 4:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin, what a wake up call, and we thought we were having a rough time of it Crying or Very sad counting my blessings but still looking for a way to bust loose Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
16Ocean

Quit Date:
April 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 15, 2004 1:41 AM    Post subject: Thanks Kevin Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin, It is good to be reminded how good we really DO have it, and to be thankful that we do, and seeing these pictures, realizing, I need to pray for all of these men and women on a daily basis, they just must want to come home so bad. I cannot imagine being in their shoes, and how very hard they DO have it. Very touching that they did the rememberance for 9-11, I am so proud of all of them, for all that they do. Thanks for sharing this, pray we never forget, there are many far from family and home, who need our prayers and support. God Bless all of these men and women, sincerely, Heidi
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: October 15, 2004 4:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew returned safely from Iraq and is now being told to plan on returning in the near future. He travelled all over the world growing up and expressed that this is the worst he has ever seen. Whatever your beliefs or politics might be, remember they are there for us. They love getting packages from home. Someone in your community is probably putting together boxes to send. Please consider contributing a few dollars to brighten their day. God bless our troops!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 15, 2004 11:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya wrote:
[Our troops] love getting packages from home. Someone in your community is probably putting together boxes to send.

and if they're not, a friend of mine is doing just that, and has been since here sons were deployed to the middle east. you can make a tax-deductible donation by following the directions you'll find on her website:

Kathy's "Military Mom in Action" website

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 16, 2004 11:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kevin, for that beautiful reminder. We, too, have a family member in Iraq. He's in Baghdad and reports he's "seen things that no human should have to see." However, he feels the job they're doing is necessary and much appreciated.

They do love receiving mail and packages, as Tonya wrote. It only costs a regular postage stamp to send mail. If you don't directly know anyone over there, address it to "Any Soldier." It will be received and heartily welcomed.

Also, if you're sending items in a package, we've been advised to secure everything in plastic bags as the sand penetrates everything else.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: October 16, 2004 2:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very proud of our soldiers! May God bless them and may God bless this great nation of ours! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: October 18, 2004 9:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a powerful reminder!

Thanks for that Wink

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: October 18, 2004 9:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin
We must be in the same email circle, I got the same one yesterday.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: October 22, 2004 12:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin, I needed that. I know so many people that put so much thought inot money, and feel sorry for them selves, if my brother had an email address I would forward this to him, thanks Jeri
Jenny

Quit Date:
August 2, 2004

PostPosted: November 3, 2004 7:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin -

My nephew leaves November 11 for Iraq. I'll be sure to send him letters and care packages as suggested in these posts.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

Jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: