quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 1:50 PM    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

I am just checking in to let everyone know I am still here sorta. I have been having a few personal problems with fiancee and his mom and my mom but am dealing with it.
The one thing I am having trouble with is no kids in my house anymore and I am having trouble adjusting to this. But on a good note I and my fiancee and daughter will be going to Cheyboygan for Thanksgiving at my son and his girlfriends house. It wil lfeel odd as I was always the one to do thanksgiving. My daughter has a male friend now too and it feels really odd. I guess I am getting old or at least older.

I want to smoke every day of my life but now I am almost 7 months free and looking forward to being at the big table. I don't know who it was that said we must be ever vigiliant but they are so right. If I were not vigilant I would be smoking once again. It is so strong some days I could cry or scream but instead I just go on with life and choose not to smoke.

It was really hard for a while because My computer ended up with some major problems. It was in the shop for about a month and cost almost 200 to fix. It still doesn't work like it did but I am learning to live with it just as I did the not smoking.

I don't know how often I will be on here anymore but to each and every one of you who I know and don't know you can do this it is but another day in our lives and we can choose to live it not smoking or if you so choose smoking but I hope each of us choose not to.

I will be around and always available to those of you who want me. All you have to do is email me ask tammy or one of the others to get in touch with marw and get my email addy and I will be happy to answer.

Love to you all.

Leona

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 2:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona, I don't know your situation. I am in my 2nd marriage, and had to deal with his daughter moving in, it was diffucult, there are always issues and you jot being the mother it can get chalenging, if you run into problems, i suggest getting counceling together, we had to do that . how old is the child moving in with you? Leti me know if you need to talk about it, Jeri
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 7:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you, Leona! sorry to hear about your challenges, but glad to hear the determination to rise above them and stay free. have a great time on thanksgiving; enjoy letting someone else do all the hard work for a change!

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 8:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona: So glad to see you on the boards again.......We quit around the same time at ffs, i think, my quit date is March 28, 2004.......I know what you mean about keeping an eye open for Scowling Demon , and feeling like smoking at times........I've found lately thouogh, it is getting better..........I don't know about you, but I smoked 40 yrs. that could have something to do with thinking about smoking......(so many years smoking). but reading other posts it seems like everyone has that problem........We just have to be very aware and keep our quit close to us............Gail Very Happy
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona,
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving...enjoy being catered to...I am sure you deserve it.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 10, 2004 11:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing. Glad to see the post.

My son asked us to his place this Thanksgiving at first I started to pout a little thinking I would not be doing all of the cooking and they would not all be over here and then I thought hey wait a minute why be upset who cares who cooks as long as we are together and maybe for once in many years I won't be wore out by the time we sit down to eat Laughing .

Proud of you that you have kept your quit. Be glad that you quit and enjoy your freedom. Enjoy the money you have saved by not setting it on fire. Enjoy your long deep breathes. Enjoy your good health. enjoy the fact that YOU DID IT! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: