quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oh my head!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 1:22 PM    Post subject: Oh my head! Reply with quote

Oh my head, my head Laughing Laughing I was afraid to move this morning. Hubby, kids and spouses went out last night....The guys had all joined the Elk's lodge and they had a dance after the Ala /Auburn game. A few minutes after we got there, I remembered I had forgot my medicine (Zyban) and thought oh no! Here I was in a smoke infested place and forgot to take the tablet that makes you not want to smoke!

Well, guys I can say I am officially a non smoker because I never wanted one...Oh, a couple of times I thought she looks like she is really enjoying that but then she would cough or laugh and cough...then I knew.....I was thankful to be free! I can also say I am officially a wine drinker again! I lost count after #5 or 6 BUT, I was very busy on the dance floor!

This is why I posted this under this forum, I never just got up and danced like I did last night. I had a BALL!!!! I danced from Mustang Sally to Good Hearted Woman to Brick House! I think from my sore hips, I danced alot in between them all too! My son-in-law was teaching me to do the two step and I did good until he sprang a turn on me Laughing Laughing . I bet we were a sight, he is 6'4" tall , probably looked like he was dancing by himself Laughing

I kept thinking of so many of you last night...must have been the wine Very Happy I thought boy Londa and I could really cut a rug here tonight and I bet Tonya was something with the line dances. I could picture Kevin on the stage with the band and John telling them which songs to play... at one point, I even stood up and did the roping thing over my head for Gentle Breeze. well, I just wanted you guys to know you had fun last night too!

I was amazed and so was hubby that I was everywhere meeting people, dancing and had lost the shyness that used to hold me back so....Hubby was not upset with me so I guess he likes to see this new me emerging also...... Wink

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 1:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real Ms. Kay emerges from behind the smoke screen! Laughing I wish we had been there with you too, but it sounds like you did a great job without us! It's great to hear you had a good time, it's even more wonderful that you had it without smoking! I have been known to do a line dance or two in my time, how did you know? Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 1:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You best get a hair of the dog that bit you and honest you will be fine. Laughing Laughing Laughing Hubby and I tied one on last night as well while setting up the xmas lights and my new projector I bought that puts a whole moving picture on my garage door. The kids are going to love it. The best part is I have 15 different shows that play continuous for all sorts of holidays. All the neighbors were sitting on their lawn chairs with the kids watching it last night. Of couse we all had drinks Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 6:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goog for you, what a wonderful feeling Cool Jeri
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 7:23 PM    Post subject: Re: Oh my head! Reply with quote

Cowgirl UP! wrote:
I can also say I am officially a wine drinker again...

SOOOO glad you had fun! And, I totally understand about this. Now that I have my taste buds emerging after 25 years, my cutie pie keeps introducing me to different wines. I now understand that some wines taste different than others!!! LOL!!!! Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 7:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

******Dancing a Jig, and Cutting a Rug******

Go, Kay, Go....you wild woman, you!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sounds like a one heck of a good time. Good for you!!! Even better, you didn't even want a cig. Now, that's the best part of the whole evening!!!!! WHOA...I'm so happy for you!

Wine, love the stuff....two step too. (Use to live in Dallas, TX 20 years ago)

Yep, Kay's proved it, ....there is life after smoking.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: November 21, 2004 10:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was amazed and so was hubby that I was everywhere meeting people, dancing and had lost the shyness that used to hold me back so....Hubby was not upset with me so I guess he likes to see this new me emerging also......

That is one thing I have noticed too. I am not nearly as shy and timid as when I smoked. I have more confidence now. Mabe it is because of this huge acomplishment of quitting. Question

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: November 22, 2004 1:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an amazing time! YAY! I am glad you had so much fun! I love MUSTANG SALLY!!! hehehe

Wink

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: November 22, 2004 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoo! Always remember, I am with you in spirit! You go girl!

Glad you had lots of fun being SMOKE FREE!!!!!!

Cool
Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 22, 2004 3:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Barb, I live in a small town and a DRY county! I did have a good time but have found muscles that I did not know were there or had forgotten Laughing Laughing hips are a tad sore and my back...can't figure out the back part unless it was the smoke?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: