quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

coming up to 4 months in - health improvement?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 24, 2004 4:12 AM    Post subject: coming up to 4 months in - health improvement? Reply with quote

Since my quit date i've been awaiting these improved senses of health, taste and smell that people rave about.

Don't be put off newcomers if you don't experience them - I didn't either. But then today I'm wondering if I'm feeling spritelier than usual.

Lately I've begun to notice a little change here and a little change there....a bit more energy, generally a happier person.. and even my tastes seem to be altering (bread tastes great even plain..I was never a plain chocolate fan, but from now on you can keep your milk chocolate.....)

Perhaps it takes a few months to kick in?

...I hope that I do begin to notice more changes..I know I must be healthier than before, but it would be nice to notice it!!!! Laughing
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 24, 2004 4:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it takes a long time for some people because it's such a gradual change; if you could sleep non-stop for the first 3 months, you'd be absolutely amazed at the change when you woke up, even though the change between day 47 and day 48 is so small as to be barely noticeable...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 24, 2004 5:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope,

Our quit dates are not too far apart and I am experiencing much the same as you...the one thing I have noticed the most is ATTITUDE...it is better towards everything...and do not seem to sweat the small stuff as much...sorta mellowing out I guess.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2004 9:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing Hope...but when I look back at the beginning of my quit; BOY! What a difference! I couldn't keep my eyes open for anything and had no energy. I couldn't taste or smell any differently...but the other day I was thinking about how great something tasted and got excited because I remember I couldn't taste that 3 months ago. And I can't help but believe that it's just going to keep getting better from here. Smile

I need to be constantly reminded about how long I smoked (21 years) and that these changes may take time. I read in one of my text books that people who have used cocaine change their brain chemistry. When they quit using it sometimes takes 3 years for the serotonin and other 'good' chemicals to get back to proper levels. I think smoking is much the same way.

Kris
Three months, two weeks, three days, 7 hours, 3 minutes and 45 seconds. 1639 cigarettes not smoked, saving $328.01. Life saved: 5 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: