quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Betty is at home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 6, 2004 9:03 PM    Post subject: Betty is at home Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Betty's funeral was today. It was absolutely beautiful. Our church was overflowing with people; it looked like a Sunday morning. The weather prediction was for rain almost all day but the sun was out during the funeral, the trip to the cemetery and the cemetery service. How very special for Betty.

Yesterday was the visitation for Betty and her husband had asked that we be there at 1:00 with the family. We stayed until about 8:45 p.m. and were really drained. However, the funeral home was very crowded and we had the opportunity of visiting with lots of friends and spending valuable time with Betty's husband, sons, daughters-in-law and 8 grandchildren.

As I wrote in a prior post, we had visited Betty the day prior to her death. She was lucid and knew we were there. We talked about our 50th class reunion last May and all the time the two of us spent putting together our Memory Book. That was such a joyous time. After a while, Betty looked directly at my face and said, "Jo, I'm so very tired. I just want to be with my Redeemer." That cemented my resolve to let go. The good Lord knows I'm really going to miss her; already do, but this is what she wanted and she's now at home with her Mom and Dad. She talked to her family about "going home" as well.

I thank you all for your loving words. Losing a loved one is difficult but, when you know that loved one is ready to leave this life and become a part of the next, it does make things a bit easier.

May you all be blessed with many, many friends.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo

Last edited by kannprint on December 7, 2004 1:20 PM; edited 1 time in total
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: December 6, 2004 11:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you're so sad Jo. I'm sure it does give you comfort that that is what she wanted. Kerry
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 12:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sending you lots of hugs and kisses Jo, I know you are feeling a great sense of loss...but you know she is in a better place now.... love you,
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 12:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry you lost your friend, Jo. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 10:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 1:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo, what a beautiful post. The kind of love you feel for Betty transcends this world as you know. God bless you in this time.
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 1:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo:

I had not read your post about Betty until just now. I wondered who this "Betty" was that you were talking about in this thread. I found your post, though, and now I know who Betty was. She was your best friend, just like my cousin, Perry, was to me. Maybe you remember my post about him?

Anyway, because I lost Perry, I know your sorrow. Fortunately, like your friend, Betty, Perry was ready to meet the Lord.

You and I can carry on with our lives in the assurance that we will be reunited with our best friends when the Lord sees fit to make that happen.

So sorry about your loss. It sounds to me like Betty touched the lives of many people and made their lives richer and more pleasant. Let her memory continue to do what she did while she was with us.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 7, 2004 9:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Kerry, Kay, Tonya, Pamela, John and Tom for the words of comfort. They're so welcome at a time like this.

Tom, yes I do remember your post about Perry. It was last spring, if I remember correctly. Also, I seem to remember that he was in his early 50's, far to young to have been so very ill. As I'll never forget Betty, you'll never forget Perry. Our lives are richer for having known them.

Again, thanks all. This is, without a doubt, the most compassionate and caring place in the "net."

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: