quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any other dieters out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 2, 2005 7:03 PM    Post subject: Any other dieters out there? Reply with quote

Tomorrow I am starting my diet. I was slightly heavy when I quit smoking and am now bigger than I was when pregnant. Confused So, tomorrow I am going to begin the journey to a skinnier me. If I can quit smoking, I know I can loose weight. My problem is wanting to see instant results...and of course we all know that isn't going to happen. Crying or Very sad If someone would have told me when I was younger that at the age of 31 I would need to loose about 50 pounds I would have laughed at them. I weighed a grand total of 90 pounds when I graduated from high school. I looked a picture the other day and almost didn't recognize myself.

Anyway...since I am past the whole smoking thing, it is time to move on and loose all this extra baggage. Who knows, maybe by summer I might be able to wear a pair of shorts! Wink

I used to post when I wanted to smoke. Now I think I will post when I want chocolate! Laughing

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 2, 2005 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a bunch of us are trying to lose. We've decided to report in to eachother every Monday although I don't think any of us were that serious. Follow the thread started by Carla called "reporting in" and jump on our bandwagon!!!! Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 2, 2005 8:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm with the group. Tomorrow's the big day when I hope to begin getting smaller. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 12:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do that well with special diets but need to give it a go...the heath club is almost complete and I want to start there...yes, I know I could go down to the basement and workout but I just don't see me having much fun at it....think about it...at the club, if someone slides off the back of a treadmill it will crack me up...if it happens here I don't think I will see the humor in it...........
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 10:47 PM    Post subject: made me think Reply with quote

How right you are if we can quit one of the most addicting habits we surley can control our eating. I am now going to focus on healthy eating like I did no smoking. Will just have to find something else to make a habit. I would like to make exercise a habit,but oh it's hard to do it.

Lisa
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: January 3, 2005 11:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh count me in on this diet plan!!!

to bad there wasnt an easy way to avoid eating. instead of good ole willpower!!! I seem to lack that when it comes to food. But i'm tired of shoveling food into my mouth 24/7. So if you develop a check in or whatever please count me in

thanks
Deb
marcel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2005 12:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to start a diet too!!! but at the moment I'm already having a very hard time with the quitting smoking and drinking my beers... so... if you figure out a plan on how to do all three at a time and be successfull... please let me know... but at the moment, I'll stick with the first two only... chocolate is my replacement... Confused I'm also gaining weight... and hate it... but I'd rather have it this way.... Good luck to you all....!!!! Drink lots and lots of water.... and don't stop eating, that doesn't work... just try behaving... Very Happy I know it's hard... I've had to struggle with weight all my life and though still short life... I've always had this problem!!!! and now it's worse!!! Crying or Very sad

Marcel Wink
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 5, 2005 5:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Hi everyone......I have really been thinking seriously of going on a diet, the beginning of the year....(I gained 30 lbs Embarassed in 9 months GROSS) I can't get myself motivated, I don't know why, but maybe if I read your posts, like when I quit smoking, I will get feel like dieting....Gail....
Braveheart

Quit Date:
January 2, 2004

PostPosted: January 6, 2005 4:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow dieters!

I started mine Jan1. I too felt like if I can make it one year smoke free, surely I can diet. I managed to keep my weight gain at 13 lbs., but since I already weighed in at 149 at 5' 4" I was at maximum weight.

I can't follow those strict diets either, so I kind of do my own version. I pretty much do phase 2 of the South Beach. I still eat complex carbs but very few and I count calories. It's not fancy, but it still is about the calories. We have to burn more than we consume.

I have belonged to a fitness center for 10 years, so I know what to do, "Just Get There" I try to keep my calories at 1400 t0 1600 and work out 4 times a week. Due to my age,(53) I lose very slowly. this is the best way.

I wish I could tell you there was a quick way, but alas, there is not. One pound a week is good and two is great.

good Luck everyone, I'll check in too.

Connie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: