quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

so many relapses lately!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 6, 2005 10:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!!! Well said, Tom.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 6, 2005 10:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better Tom. I don't think there's any excuse to smoke either but I still stand by my statement that there is no excuse to be cruel. Kerry
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 3:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord above, i went away for my night, come back adn there's a whole two more pages of debating going on. Phew, you've all been busy while I was sleeping!!

Ok, if I upset anyone i'm sorry.

I'm not being "tough" on anyone (Tom), but we all have problems, and to be honest it gets a bit much when you read of all the excuses people make about why they smoke. I'm in a very bad phase right now, stress bursting out all over the show, but smoking isn't an option. Anyone who thinks it'll fix it are kidding themselves and they know it.

Well done to those who get right back to their quit. But don't make excuses for why you did smoke. there is no excuse.

And as for my "cruel to be kind comment" and the reply that there is no excuses to be cruel...well, i'm sorry - sometiems in my life i've gone a bit wrong but can't see it - a good firm piece of advice was what was needed. I didn't like hearing it, but it was needed ... Lighten up - i didn't mean "cruel" as in to poke people with hot needles to to throw gravel at them!!?... i'm not a mean person! !!!

When I said "whats happened to our strong group" I was just tired of hearing excuses..The pages when I looked, after having been away, didn't appear to be those of a dedicated group of ex smokers.

I've not named names and it was just a general comment.Have a good weekend all. stay strong Smile

Hope
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 7:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope wrote:

Lighten up - i didn't mean "cruel" as in to poke people with hot needles to to throw gravel at them!!?... i'm not a mean person! !!!

Smile

Can't stop laughing enough already Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 8, 2005 2:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted to Pams post then I read this one. It IS about choice! We spend so much time on these boards and over and over and over we read if you are tempted come and post before lighting up and wait for at least 5 responces. Sometimes people choose to do just that and many times save their quit. Other times people choose NOT to come here for help.

I have often wondered why some don't come for help first???? I do not understand that. Why do we spend countless hours on the boards if we do not plan to follow the advice? I love and care deeply for you all I am sad each and every time someone gives in to this horrible addiction. I do not feel that you've let me down by the relapase I am just sad that you did not come for help before lighting up. I pray that the next quit will stick.

Another thing I'd like to say is I do not understand those who say they want to smoke each and everyday since quitting. That one ticks me off. Maybe cause I know that there is no way no how I'd ever be able to stay quit with that kind of stinkin' thinkin'. Why in the world would I want to quit in the first place if I loved it so much and was going to grieve over it every day for the rest of my life. All I got to say is you all who think that are down right tough folks. I could not do that. Not for a day. I smoked cause I needed the fix plain and simple. It was a huge ball and chain to me. It was a lie everytime that I ever said "oh, I would quit but I enjoy smoking." Big big lie. I hated the cost, the smell, the shame, having to hide it, having to clean up after it, smoking outside in the cold, the rain, the heat. I hated that I burned holes in favorite dresses, seats on my car, my furniture. So what ever made me think I enjoed smoking? The addiction made me think that.

It is a choice. Make the right choice and choose life and freedom!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: