quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FFS needs you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 12:15 PM    Post subject: FFS needs you! Reply with quote

The infux of newbies at FFS is overwhelming. Please take a few minutes out of your day to stop in and post to a few newbies. The site is still awkward but I was able to post three times in a row without signing in in-between. You know how very important those first few days are in your attempt to start and the words of encouragement do make a difference. You are all living proof, let them know it can be done.

I challenge all the quitters here to answer three newbies a day. That's not too much (I replied to three so now it is your turn).

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I wish you peace.

alison
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 1:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Mam'm! ( I'm at full attention! Wink )

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
The Crave-inator

Quit Date:
August 11, 2003

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 2:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please, try to respond to those messages that do not have a response. A lot of us owe our quits to FFS and right now they really need some help. Those of us that have been around longer are pretty secure in our quits, but there are a lot of members on FFS who have only been quit for a month or two and they are feeling very overwhelmed with trying to keep up. It's a lot of pressure for them to try to keep up with all the new members in addition to maintaining their quit. Thanks everyone! Barb (The Crave-inator)

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how gosh darn good you'll feel to know that you helped someone in need!

jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 6:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison
The influx is kinda inspirational. Dr Phil's TV show must of been awesome. Of course did not get to see it here in Japan. Yesterday and the day before I spent about two hours each day on the boards at FFS. Not sure how many posts i answered, but could not keep up. There probably aound 15 new posts a minute. So everyone, if you can help, I support Alison's request big time.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 6:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doin it right now Alison!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 7:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will give it a go but you must remember I was smokeum back then so don't go jumpin' cowgirl for sitting down on the job Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 7:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Alison, I answered three. But I don't know if they'll read them. That site is so much more confusing than this one. I do hope I helped though.
Thanks for letting us know.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 8:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison,
I've also been posting......Man, there are soooooooooo many newbies on mod. 1......It's amazing what that one Dr. Phil show did! But, the boards are still nerve wracking to me. I wish they would get them back to the way they used to be.....if they did, I'd visit there more often.

Hugs,
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my way! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2005 11:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...that's really crazy - I've not been there very much since I found you guys here. I couldn't type fast enough....It was hard to try to connect with them - but I gave it my best shot! WOW!!! I'm wondering how many will migrate? Kevin - are you ready for an influx of newbies? Even if only 10% of them migrate...seems like there are millions of them!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: January 8, 2005 2:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the best way to start again helping myself was to reach out and help others. I spent a few hours early this evening and back again to night..well it's tomorrow here.

The boards had slowed down a tiny bit this time. By the time I answered a post it wa close to the bottom. I never got the chance to look at any boards besides the first one.

Ok, Alison...I will get back over in the am. I do work the next three nights. I will try to keep the three a day limit. Tonight I answered as many as I could before big burn out.

There are so amny new people tring to answer the even newier ones. Some that haven't set a quit date are reaching out. There is allot of support...it still needs some longer term quitters. Even a week quit is good over there. Smile

Sandyz
been free for 443 days!

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: January 8, 2005 7:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time over there yesterday afternoon late and will try to get over there again today. You are right, there are so many!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: January 8, 2005 6:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time before lunch, it has slowed down some , but you still have to write fast, My problem is I get to many words going, so much I want to say. And will they ever be able to find their message Question

There was a newbie asking how she could locate the person who had responded to her, had to go back throught the pages, frustrating.............

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: