quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More benefits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 12:41 PM    Post subject: More benefits Reply with quote

I had to go for surgery on my wrist yesterday (I broke it mountain biking on sunday). When they took my vitals they said I was in excellent shape (the nurse asked me if I was a runner because my respiration, heart rate and blood pressure were so low. I was also very proud to be able to say no to the smoking and drinking questions. The nurse kept saying how people just don't take care of themselves and what a difference it makes in your overall health.

I expect to bounce back pretty fast from this injury and be right back mountain biking by spring.

Healing faster is another benefit. It just gets better and better.

I wish you peace.

alison
dancing_lucinda

Quit Date:
January 14, 2005

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 12:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your wrist, Alison. But what a great feeling to know that you're taking such good care of yourself. Accidents will happen; it's about time we make the right choices about the things we do have control over! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Amy

Dance like no one is watching.
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 2:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison

oh i know what you're talking about, when the nurse says are you a smoker, and you kind of lower your head and voice to say yes. then they say how much and i say only about a pack a day, like i've accomplished something. it so great to be free.

take care of your wrist! spring is coming!

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 3:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does just keep getting better, doesn't it? Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 3:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison. too bad about the wrist...broken bones are no fun. But, I know what you mean about being able to say you don't smoke anymore...and not mean just for 10 minutes! Deliberately ruining your health is something to not proud of....and your right, I always felt like the worst loser in the world when I went to the Doctor. I felt like, no matter what my problem was, they were saying behind my back....what does she expect, when she's smoking!

Hope you heal up quickly...we'd like to see you around the boards more often!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 26, 2005 5:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alison, sorry about the wrist. However, I know how you feel when asked whether or not you smoke. I want to shout the "NO" so the entire world can here me. Wonderful feeling.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: