quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

thanks to wonderful friends and a wonderful husband

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 1:53 PM    Post subject: thanks to wonderful friends and a wonderful husband Reply with quote

Men....I may not always understand them but you gotta love em., when I talked with Bob and made my apologies for my behavior last night. He looked at me and frowned and said " I don't know what you are referring to" When I explained he smiled and gave me a hug and said "don't worry about that, I understand....remember I am only a couple months ahead of you in this quit thing". Hmmmmmm. Even if it was a bigger deal to me than him I am very glad I apologized.
Oh, Alison, standing up for myself and those I love has never been an issue. My children call me MaMa bear. They always use the analogy of a mother bear that will swat her own, but if anyone else threatens those she loves, they better kiss their A** goodbye. I just am usually alittle more tactful about it than I was last night. And yes the fellow needed it , I don't feel bad about that, (In fact I give him "what for" quite often), but I usually don't attack my Bob and embarrass him. That is what bothered me more than anything.
But I feel SOOOOOO much better. We just got back from town and we bought our granddaughter new shoes and got our grandson a haircut and we took them out for lunch and we bought them both some really "cool" sunglasses.
I stood in McDonalds and looked at my husband and those two little angels and I quietly said "thank you Lord," .....not just for the 3 blessings sitting in the booth, but for not having to smoke today, and increasing my chances to be with them for so many more years. Maybe my down time this morning had to happen so I could see the blessings sitting before me.
Thank you friends for all you input, your insight and your support. I feel good...and I will continue to write lists and notes to myself...hey, it's good practice for senility (which may be quicker than I expected)
And I will just keep telling myself the dreams will pass.
Thank you all again

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 1:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you're feeling better, Carol Smile And your replies were right on the money for you....and for me today, too. thanks, all.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 2:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How blessed you are to have a wonderful and understanding man beside you. I count you among the lucky ones. I keep hoping there's a decent man for me out there somewhere...I've given up on the "perfect man". I'm setting my sights on "relatively decent". I figure it's about as good as it's gonna get!! Shocked

I'm so happy that everything worked out for you and give that great man a kiss for me for taking real good care of you!!!

Be well, Carol!!!

Juanita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 4:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad everything is OK (I knew it would be). I'm also glad that you can take things in stride and let go. Sounds like you have the best husband too. Give him a great big hug for cutting you some slack.

I wish you peace.

alison
nurseliz

Quit Date:
April 13, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 5:22 PM    Post subject: Glad all is well Reply with quote

Carol, I am glad all is well with you. You have been such an inspiration to me through my quit so far and thank you for sharing all of your wisdom. Sometimes it is the little things that really opens our eyes. Keep up the good work. God bless you. Liz T. 18 days free

*** Have a Magical Day****

Liz
momofj_b

Quit Date:
April 21, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 5:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol,
I'm glad you're feeling better today. Glad all worked out for the best. I was reading through your post and the replies and thought, me too. My poor hubby can't do anything right. I feel like I just nag and nag. I think about it at night. We talk about it. He says he understands. I make a conscious effort to try harder tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and it's the same thing all over again. Luckily he's been patient, but how long will that last? I'm always forgetful, I blame it on being pregnant lately, but the baby is 8 months old. How much longer can I blame it on that. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.
Gretchen
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 6:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol, Sorry I missed this and I am glad you are felling better. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2004 11:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol

I'm so glad your feeling better.

Grandchildren I want some of them. Now that you mention it thats another good reason not to smoke. I'll add it to the list.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
cammie44

Quit Date:
August 11, 2005

PostPosted: May 3, 2004 12:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carol, Missed the postings, been gone over wk- end. Sorry you had some bumps in the road, but like you said.. riding the bumps helps us appreciate the smoothe sailing!...So ride the waves and we just keep learning. Sounds like you and alot of the others have great hubbys. I'm jealous!..You are truly blessed...and deserve it. Glad things are better....
cammie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: