quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

update on the choking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: February 13, 2005 11:00 PM    Post subject: update on the choking Reply with quote

I went to my primary Dr. a couple of weeks ago and she sent me back to the gastro doc. this last week. (I had not seen him in 4 years almost to the day) It is the acid reflux disease and the hyatel hernia that has been causeing the problems. The specailist said quitting smoking was the best thing I could have done for the condition. I have to go back in for another scope down the throat. Guess when?? Of all days they scheduled it Wed. the 16th my 1 year anniversary. I am so sad about that. I was so looking forward to a huge celebration. It is done on an out patient basis. It is the second time I have had it done last time besides a bit of a sore throat It wasn't to bad so maybe the whole day won't be lost. Since I am a non smoker this time I should also wake up easier after the proceedure.

I'll keep you posted and please say a prayer that the Dr. will have skilled hands and wisdom in treating me. Thanks Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: February 13, 2005 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you.

Wow, almost one year. That is awesome. I will be thinking and saying a prayer for you.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 6:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy, so close to a year. Cool My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kjsblue

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 10:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad they know what is causing this choking thing Tammy ~ I'm sorry you'll be spending your 1 year at the doc's. Perhaps you could plan a great big celebration for this Friday instead? You deserve a party!! Smile

Kris
Six months, six days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 46 seconds. 3806 cigarettes not smoked, saving $761.41. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it -- William Arthur Ward

Q.D. August 8th, 2004
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's good to hear that the problem wasn't being caused by something worse (not that what it is being caused by is any walk in the park, i'm sure); and i'm with kris - party friday if you're not up to it on wednesday - but you should definitely celebrate your first anniversary big-time!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
smokefree04

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 11:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy:

I'm glad that you know what is causing it all now. My prayers are for an easy, thorough procedure for you!

Sarah
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 11:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tammy,

So sorry your test is scheduled for your lunaversery -- that stinks. The bright side is, though, that this is something that can be treated. I agree with Kevin. Celebrate on Friday.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you tammy.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: February 14, 2005 1:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tammy I had one of those done before also. I have acid reflux and a hyateral hernia. I don't choke though. I am on prylosec. I will be thinking of you on the 16th. You will be fine. I will pray for you.

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: