quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday Weight/Health Check-In
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesP

Quit Date:
November 3, 2003

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 4:38 PM    Post subject: Monday Weight/Health Check-In Reply with quote

Hi All,

Last week was my first on the new diet. Results: 4.8 pounds lost, 1" around the middle lost. Not bad for one week! I'm pumped now!
Only about 15 pounds more to go, hopefully by May.

Hope you all had good weeks!

James

Enjoy your quit -- it's the last one you'll ever have!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 5:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I just joined Gold's Gym last week. Major coup in my book. I love it and have been going every day I can. I'm upset I can't go tonight because I have rehearsal!! Good thing I"ll have plenty of time this week to work out though.

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Dana Rae

Quit Date:
January 22, 2005

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 6:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could dance like your banana Nita I could lose some..... Rolling Eyes
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 28, 2005 9:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm staying away from the scale for a while; just using the tape measure and liking what it's telling me. My clothes fit much more comfortably than they did just 2 weeks ago. However, I'm really bummed. When our computer crashed last week, I lost all the data on fitday.com; I had been entering diet and exericise for a month. Oh well, guess I'll just have to start over again.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: March 1, 2005 12:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. I am weighing in,,,,,,,I can not stand this weight I have, it is like those big super tires, ughhhhhhhhhh hanging around my stomach.......I cannot fit into any of my clothes...

So I went and bought a juicer, bags of fruit and veggies....No soda pop, no bread, no potatoes, very little sugar.....

As far as exercising, I plan to walk more .....see about an exercising program at the Senior Center Very Happy Very Happy

I am excitied to see how this goes, A brand new life awaits me.....

Pam

1 week, 5 days, 19 hrs., 1 min free of nicotine and healing Cool

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: March 1, 2005 7:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Fitday to track my food intake and I am starting to see some results I am also increasing my jogging/walking program. Just lost one pound last week but I feel smaller! Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 10, 2005 2:44 PM    Post subject: The BIG loser!! Reply with quote

I've been lurking here watching everyone in their lose weight/get fit efforts. So I joined Weight Watchers. Just had our first weigh-in for our "at work" Weight Watcher meeting over our lunch hour. I was the "big loser" (which is a good thing in this case) - dropping over 9.5lbs - I attribute that to partly to being sick and partially to sticking to the program. Yeah me!! Still have a very long ways to go...but a good start! Very Happy Just like smoking...taking it one day at a time...its all about CHOICES!!!! Three potato chips or nine pretzels???

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 12:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to heavy exercising. This can be done!!!! Kerry
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: March 11, 2005 12:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I have put the weight on also!! If anything makes me feel depressed and yucky it's extra weight! Good news is, I seemed to have finally stopped gaining!! I was really getting worried!

I started walking at work and in the evenings, a few weeks ago. Last week I started going to Jazzercise three times a week and on Monday my hubby and I are going to start the South Beach diet. Is anyone else on this diet? Any easy snacks that you have found?

I see that some of you took measurements. I guess I need to do that too. I'm not sure the tape measure will fit around my midsection anymore!!! Embarassed

Joy

I have now stopped smoking for 1 months, 12 days, 18 hours, 59 minutes, 35 seconds. That translates into 864 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $129.6! I have increased my life expectancy by 3 days, 48 seconds.

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 14, 2005 11:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, all. Here we are at Monday again. Hope you've all had a great week and are feeling well. I've finally begun to lose weight and, with the help of fitday.com, am keeping my fat intake to a minimum.

My total, as of today, is 8 pounds gone; just 7 to go to my goal. Who knows, if I reach that, I may try to get it even lower.

Have a great week!!!! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: March 14, 2005 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i am just starting out here, so i have lost 0 pounds as of this monday. i needed to lose weight before i quit smoking! but i did a 4 mile walking exercise dvd yesterday so i've made a start
jenny Very Happy
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 11:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still exercising, still on WW. Still hoping to lose all of the weight that I gained back.
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 1:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

This is my Monday morning check in (a day late!). Anyway, I started the South Beach Diet yesterday, so I haven't lost any weight yet. I'm also still going to Jazzercise.

Uh oh! I just remembered I need to measure myself. I'll do that when I get home tonight!

Have a great day!

Joy

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 17, 2005 7:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW weigh in today...gained a pound...I was very true to the program - if I ate it I counted it...I was within my points allowance - but after dropping nine the first week I think my body panicked and put the brakes on...so this week I'll try to add a bit more cardio in addition to the curves workouts...and I'll not skimp on points...I was "saving" a few for the end of the day and then not eating the last snack I had planned because I wasn't hungary....hmmm.
Oh well...I know it works - just have to stick with it...

Mary D.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 24, 2005 7:38 PM    Post subject: Progress update! Reply with quote

Weight Watcher weigh in was today....I drop another 5 pounds - YEAH!!! Net loss 13.8 pounds in three weeks. I feel pretty good and the WW program with flex points is pretty easy to adhere to. You just have to think and make good choices! I'm finding different things to try - my latest find is "Quaker's Crunchy Corn Bran" cereal. Only 2 WW points for 1 & 1/2 cups! Its a high fiber cereal - that is great right out of the box dry slightly sweet - I'm using it for my breakfast on the go - I put it in a baggie and snack while I'm driving to work and finish it at my desk. I've always skipped breakfast - but the program encourages breakfast and I seem to not be ravenous come lunch time anymore - so I'm more in control and much less likely to splurge at lunch time! I'm so glad my company initiated this WW at work program - its really great!!! Gotta get to the gym tonight...I'm well on my way to getting back to my pre-quit weight...I'll still have a long ways to go - but I'm heading in the right direction!!

Mary D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: