quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got Back Shot #2 Today/Slight Crave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 14, 2005 9:56 PM    Post subject: Got Back Shot #2 Today/Slight Crave Reply with quote

I have not been on today, because I got that Back Shot #2 (and they signed me up for #3--wonder how many there are--I keep forgetting to ask) and I was gone all a.m. and then sleeping and now groggy as a drunk fly from the pain meds!!

I just hope I get the right post to the right person, since I am posting now.

Well, I am going to stay on a little longer, and then go back to bed. I don't think I will sleep even with the pain med (which by the way, is not working well this time) because I slept all day. They were very nice again, at this hospital and all went well as far as I know. I also got a referral --I asked while I was there, because I thought the anesthesiets (sp) would surely know good surgeons for the hernia--and I may do that there later.

Well, I hope I am making sense. Rolling Eyes

Weird how there is such a connection between Pain and/or drugs and smoking urges. I got hit in the taxi with a brief, hard fastball on the way home. Exactly like that, this crave was. Just out of the blue, punched--grazed really--at me and then flew on. It was a hard hit, though, and I nearly doubled over, and didn't know what it was atfirst, and then laughed when I realized it. I attributed it somehow to the anesthesia, but it doesn't matter. I just let them sail on by. And they do--really quickly. Smile

Mre later,
Love

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 12:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's funny how an urge can hit you out of the blue like that, but you recognized it and let it go, and that was the best thing you could've done. keep up the good work!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 12:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Marw, I sure hope you have sobered up now Laughing Laughing Bless your heart you really have been through the mill with the health issues....you seem to be a real trooper though. I am so proud of you for not smoking...I need all the strong quitters I can find to keep my rear in gear Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I hope you are feeling alot better now and have a better day tomorrow.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 2:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kevin and Kay.

Actually, I'm pretty thrilled to have had an urge that I didn't even recognize! When I realized I had forgotten about smoking to that extent, I was pretty happy! Very Happy

Of course with the anesthesia and all, my friend had to call my name 3 tmies........ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Margaret
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 10:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that shot #2 is behind you. Hope you feel much better today.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 11:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret,

Wow I guess the pain meds can do a number! I must say you fought of the urge you had like a sure quitter. I hope you are feeling better and try to get some rest.

Have a great day!

Deb Very Happy
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 5:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret You are so strong of heart.... you have alot of health issues that you are dealing with and you are holding steadfast to your commitment to overcome this addiction....Way to go lady, Very Happy

Hope you are resting...............

Pam

3 weeks, 5 days, 12 hrs. 57 min free of nicotine and feeling GREAT Wink

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2005 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, all, for the good wishes! I am definitely resting! Nothing else to do! (yawn!) Wink

You know, it is so great to be quit, and get to rest. I was just thinking how when I used to smoke, I never seemed to get any rest, even when I was sick. Another great benefit of being a Non-Smoker--the peacefulness of it! Very Happy

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: