quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Freedom Groups
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 29, 2005 4:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frippy-

I think you're among a better club - the whyquit.com rejects - both those rejected by whyquit as well as those who reject whyquit.. heh. Okay, okay.. and card carrying members who seek diverse vehicles for support and happen to be pretty cool folks and are a-okay in my book too.

Rant away.. and also remember that stopping smoking is difficult enough. As best as possible, keep a positive attitude and maintain a sense of humor... especially in those early days I remember moments that were so bad I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I say laugh or cry, but just don't smoke. But do remember to chose the laugh option at least sometimes.

Here's something funny for example... statistics show that upwards of 90% of people who attempt to quit smoking relapse on their first try. There's a smoking cessation "support" group who closes it's doors to people who relapse. Chances are a pretty high percentage of its members either lie about relapsing or were never addicted in the first place. Me.. I'd rather hang out with you honest addicts. Oh come on.. you know it's funny...

-Zuzu

Last edited by Zuzu on December 28, 2005 12:22 AM; edited 1 time in total
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 30, 2005 1:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I don't see anything wrong with your screen name either.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
frippy

Quit Date:
March 16, 2005

PostPosted: March 30, 2005 2:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol to Zuzu...

whyquit rejects.....they were a little stuck up now that I think about it. Well actually I didn't really need to think about it. Rolling Eyes Anyway the fact that they don't let you back after a relapse. Rolling Eyes thats like not letting someone back into AA.

This board is so much better, I am really thankful I found it and that people are active and receptive here.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 31, 2005 1:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frippy,

I went there for a while too at the beginning of my quit. They are what you'd call militant non-smokers. They're not really worth getting all worked up over if you ask me. They used to come over to Freedom from Smoking at ALA and be rude to people who were having trouble with "wanting" to smoke. They hadn't smoked yet, but would come back with replies like "You're such a weak minded person to even let something like that come into your head. Go ahead! Smoke! It'll leave more room for us to continue to keep our quits". That kind of attitude was pretty commonplace. Let it slide off your back like water on a duck!! Not worth your time!!

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
frippy

Quit Date:
March 16, 2005

PostPosted: March 31, 2005 3:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahunta wrote:
Frippy,

I went there for a while too at the beginning of my quit. They are what you'd call militant non-smokers. They're not really worth getting all worked up over if you ask me. They used to come over to Freedom from Smoking at ALA and be rude to people who were having trouble with "wanting" to smoke. They hadn't smoked yet, but would come back with replies like "You're such a weak minded person to even let something like that come into your head. Go ahead! Smoke! It'll leave more room for us to continue to keep our quits". That kind of attitude was pretty commonplace. Let it slide off your back like water on a duck!! Not worth your time!!

Nita

If it wasent for their "don't let it control you" I probably would have been back up to smoker. But they were mighty mean if you ask me. Really the info provided there is all they are good for. And their examples of what smoking can do to youung people. But their support system is severly lacking, if you could call it such.
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: March 31, 2005 9:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the information there has been a huge help for me, but i agree that it's not a good support group. i never applied and didn't even realize you needed to apply. thank you kevin for such a wonderful, open, and FRIENDLY forum for us all to come to. and for not making us fill out an application where we might get rejected.
jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: