quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday Weight/Health Check-In
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 7, 2005 7:01 PM    Post subject: More Progress!! Reply with quote

A very exciting WW weighin today - another 2.8 pounds gone...for a total of 16...and only five pounds to go to reach my quit weight....

WW seems to be helping me alot...I'm looking at making changes that I can live with long term....this has to be more than a "diet" - sure I can deprive myself and restrict my choices and lose weight - but can I keep up with that routine forever to keep the weight off??

Little changes, better choices, more exercise....I rarely find myself "hungry" and when I do I take a little while to figure out what I'm hungry for...instead of just shoving whatever is at hand or easiest to fix. The WW plan lets me eat just about anything - but it takes a bit of planning and/or compromise to work within the "points" - but it is working!

I'll be off line until Monday - going to a bowling tournament in Harrisburg - and if you can believe it...IT IS A SMOKE-FREE BOWLING ALLEY!!!! I've never seen that before..I'm excited about not having to be around all that usual bowling alley smoke.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 10:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow everyone is exercising!! this is awesome.

I started doing the Self Challenge from Self Magazine. It has 2 strength workouts a week, and 3 cardio workoutss a week. They give you options for what you can do as cardio. At first I was biking, but I just started running and its GREAT!!

I haven't weighed myself but I see and feel a difference! Not looking to lose just be healthy Smile.

Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 11:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok finally, lost 4.8 this week. Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 3:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, everyone! I'm pleased to report that I've lost 10 pounds; only 5 to 8 more to go to reach my goal.

My clothes are sure more comfortable and I'm feeling great. Good luck all. This, too, is achievable.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 3:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am actually on week 3 of the Self challenge myself. i am doing walking and jogging for the cardio portion. this is something i would not have been able to do 2 months ago. it feels great. i love that feeling when i just get back!
haven't lost any weight yet , but i feel great!
jenny
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I can post! I lost 3 pounds!!!! I am so glad Spring is here. I have been exercising and watching what i eat (for the most part) and today I was out bike riding. (away from the fridge ) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 9, 2005 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of bikes, I bought one today. I'm a little nervous. I used to whip around on my bike all the time when I was a teenager. Obviously a lot of years have gone by. I feel so creaky that I hope I can do it. Oh well, at least the bike I bought is a little dorky Laughing Kerry
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 10, 2005 12:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Very Happy WTG! You know what they say, a person never forgets how to ride a bike! It might be a little wobble at first Smile , but it won't take long to get back in the swing of it!!! Wink Very Happy

It's great exercise....and the best part...the scenery along the way!!! Cool

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 9:06 AM    Post subject: WEAR A HELMET!! Reply with quote

Biking is great....remember to wear a helmet!

Mary D.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 1:11 AM    Post subject: Sounds Good Reply with quote

Very Happy Weight Watchers sounds like a wonderful place to go to for my weight problem and it would be a place for me to go. I will see about getting a ride there. I am glad I re-read this post.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this popped up at the top of the queue, I figured I'd give an update. Since joining Gold's and going pretty steadily no less than 4x/week, I've had a definite drop in weight. Things are fitting much looser. I refuse to get on a scale as I"m not to hep on knowing how much I weigh now. With the constant exercising and watching the food, I'm doing good. Just gotta keep going. It's been almost 2 months now...Yeeha!!

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dig WW. It's easy on the pocket too. Kerry
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 6:25 PM    Post subject: Blame it on Hershey! Reply with quote

WW weigh in toady and I'm a pound up... Sad going the wrong way Crying or Very sad But there are lots of explanations/excuses like a weekend away for the bowling tournament and eating out and touring the chocolate factory at Hershey (I didn't eat ANY chocolate) - but I think the smell of it got me.

Oh well...I should look at it in a positive way...its only one pound - it could have been more! I'll just stick with it and pay attention to the details!

Barb - if you can work out the transportation I'm sure you'll meet lots of wonderful folks at a WW meeting - but they also have WW on-line. You might want to check out their web-site - www.weightwatchers.com

Mary D.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 6:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mary, Have you every been to Hershey Park? If so, how is it? Kerry
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 12:20 AM    Post subject: Down two... Reply with quote

Yeah! WW weigh in today - and I'm down another 2.8 pounds - for a total of...18.8 !!!! I'm getting in my Curves workouts and signed up for our 10,000 steps program at work as part of our Wellness Program. They gave us pedometers, we'll establish our average steps per day, and then try to increase our steps over the next twelve weeks! Wow...I'm losing weight, starting a new job (with a raise), working out, walking, and LIFE IS GOOD! And I quit smoking...pretty amazing!!!! It really is all about choices!

Mary D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: