quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Devotional

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 16, 2005 9:31 AM    Post subject: Devotional Reply with quote

Morning All,

Received a devotional from Dr. Charles Stanley this morning that was really good. Thought some of you might be interested and like to read it too.

Blessings and Hugs

In Touch Early Light Devotional

Saturday April 16, 2005
Overcoming the Ups and Downs of Life
Philippians 4:10-13

Secrets. The very word catches our attention and makes us curious to know more. The apostle Paul proclaimed that he had learned an important secret: how to find contentment in all circumstances. "Not possible," is our first response; "That is not who I am." It wasn't who Paul was, either. He had to learn the spiritual truths that enabled him to face his difficulties God's way-without discontent, worry, or fear. Each time he experienced a trial, he had a choice to look at it from his own perspective or from God's; that is, he could react emotionally to the situation, or he could respond spiritually.

Inner turmoil and outward agitation come when Christians live based on feelings instead of spiritual principles. When our desires and needs are not being fulfilled, we need to look at our circumstances from God's point of view. As we practice having this perspective, irritation, anger, and the need to place blame will be replaced by an inner quietness and confidence.

Is it really possible to face serious trials and have God's peace? Yes, but not in our own strength. The secret is learning to bring God's power into our weakness. This is accomplished through what we believe, not through what we do. Trusting that we have access to God's power through the Holy Spirit at all times for all situations is the first step to contentment.

When we accept Christ as our Savior, we receive the power to stand firm and be at peace. Paul said, "I can ... through Christ." (v. 13) Is this what you believe?

IN TOUCH NOW! Watch Dr. Stanley on your schedule, on Comcast On Demand, anytime. Visit the official In Touch/Comcast page for more details. http://www.crosswalkmail.com/sdbhcsb_ovvovvip.html

Share a free copy of the In Touch magazine with your family and friends. Visit intouch.org for details.

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 16, 2005 6:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2005 1:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Deb. I enjoy Dr. Stanley. Do you do his study through his institute on internet? I do. But I don't get to it all the time, because I am already on the computer alot. I really enjoy it though!

God Bless Sweetie!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: