quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 10:37 AM    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I saw the dr yesterday. We really did not do a whole lot other then talk but he told me that my sleep apnea is very severe I stop breathing completely 20 times an hour and 131 times a night so thus deprive my body of oxygen which accounts for being so tired and so hungry all the time also for some of the depression although it isn't all of it. Go figure

Told me to get fitted with the mask and we can control the closterphopia with medication (I sure hope so cuz I can see me ripping the mask to shreds in my sleep)

Also he told me the depression is highly severe it is better down from 9.25 to 8.20 which is an improvement with the medication. And he agreed with the psychologist about the bi polar I apparently do have that. He was afraid that my medication that I am currently on would cause a manic episode. It hasn't thus far but that is not to say it won't.

He was proud of me for quiting smoking in fact gave ma sticker for my one year anniversary of sponge bob saying pedal pedal pedal Think that was a hint as well that I need to move around more as I gained again.

Well this is what is what at this point. Thought I would let all know.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 10:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona,

Sounds like you've got a very thorough doctor who really cares. How lucky you are.

My prayers are with you. You've beaten the most addictive problem known to man; surely you can beat these other problems too.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 10:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

your doctor gave you a spongebob sticker? lucky you! Wink glad to hear you're getting a handle on these health issues, leona; i'm sure it's a relief to know exactly what you're dealing with. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 1:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Hi! I didn't know depression could be measured. That's interesting!

You know, sleep and being fatigued does have alot to do with our moods. If I'm tired and wore out, I don't "feel" like doing anything....then when I sit around I lose motivation...then when it's lost....I begin to get a sad and depressed feeling. It's like a vicious cycle. When I'm rested and there is sun, and I get up and stay positive and start to "move" (I'm not talking exercise...just doing stuff around here)....I feel much better. So, once they get the sleep apnea straighten out, maybe you will see a big improvement in the depression also.

Do you sit in the sun or near a window with lots of sunlight? You might try that too. I know sunlight affects our moods drastically!!!! Plus it gives us the vitamin D we need.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon!!!

With Love & Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 4:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I agree with Jo. It sounds like you have a very caring doctor.
You are going through so much. But it will get better. You are still in my prayers.

God Bless! Very Happy
Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2005 11:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona.....thanks for keeping us posted. I'm no doctor, but a cousin had the sleep problem, and went to the mask. It took him a while to get used to it, but he told me that being able to get a good nights sleep has been "life altering" for him in too many ways to count.

It's probably like quitting smoking...hard to adjust to at first, but once you get used to it, really worth the effort!

Quitting smoking successfully can teach us how to adjust to new ways of living...and that we don't have to just accept the status quo anymore.

You deserve that Sponge Bob sticker......now, if only I could figure out a way to get one myself!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2005 1:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Your doc sounds terrific! Very Happy Glad you are gettting help with this stuff! Really glad.

Sorry to sound so dumb Embarassed , but what is a Sponge Bob sticker?

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2005 11:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

margaret wrote:
Sorry to sound so dumb Embarassed , but what is a Sponge Bob sticker?

that would be spongebob on the right (he's a very popular 'toon):

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 18, 2005 12:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kevin! Very Happy
Wow! I can see that he is quite a 'toon guy Cool and a good guy who is saving the world! (Is he?) This is quite a poster, too! See what happens when you quit teaching? YOu don't know anything anymore, because your kids are not there to tell you!! Laughing Laughing

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 18, 2005 7:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona - As I recall, Tom ended up with a mask to treat sleep apnea. I think he found it helpful once he got used to it...Maybe he can give you a bit more information. Having your sleep disrupted can affect so many other things....did you check out WebMD? They seem to have a lot of good medical information. I don't know much about claustrophobia...
I'm glad you have a doctor who really cares - they can be very hard to find! I'll pray for a good outcome to your medical problem - congratulations on your YEAR of freedom...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: