quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 1:08 PM    Post subject: One Year Reply with quote

I never even began to think I could be one year quit when I first started this journey. It has been a awful year and there have been many times that I would of stumbled along the way if it had not been for my wonderful cyber friends here and my one very special soulsister, as well as my native sister. You are all special and wonderful.

Along my journey I have had may trials and many tests. I have lost family to this Laughing Demon and suffered with them. I lost family to old age and stroke non smoking related and they each and every one of them tore a peice of me away when they left my life. They left a hole that I considered filling with smoking. But did not do so as it would not of changed the fact that they were gone.

I am dealing with depresssion so severe that suicide was becoming an option and this is when I knew that I had to do something as smoking was becoming an option even though I did not do so. I did not feel as if and still do not feel as if my life were worth anything but I am struggling along and as my counsolor tells me I have to learn acceptance. I know this to be true, but difficult and I also know like smoking it is going to take time. How much time I don't know but I sought out help and this is what I had to do to quit smoking as well.

I have had a cazillion tests of which there was no cancer and I found out my body is racked with a few problems.

One of these problems could of been gotten when I was a child and raped by my uncle and it is a virus that can cause cervical cancer. But with dilligence and time again and hopefully luck and gods help it will not become an issue.

Another of these is that I may be bi polar which I know can be treated with medication and could be causing the depression itself.

Another one of the tests showed that I have rhuemotoid arthiritus and this is going to be crippling one day until then I will keep plugging along. I know it is going to happen and I also know that smoking will probably make it worse faster so smoking again is no option same with the virus and the bi polar.

There is also an elevated sugar count which means that I am probably pre diabetic. But this I will also deal with when I need to. And with the help of my family here and my drs. I will eventually become a perhaps whole or at least semi whole person.

And all this came about how you ask and what does it have to do with smoking well let me tell you when I made the decision to quit smoking it all started there. Without quiting I never would of found these other problems this quickly. So not only did quiting smoking save my life because I am not putting 4000+ chemicals into my body it also saved it by getting the tests to assure my health was good or bad in the process.

So I am here to tell you today not only is this a ramble it is a journey to becoming well which is why I put it here.

And to all you new people coming in and quiting or contemplating quiting let me tell you it is worth the effort. Don't ever ever quit quiting. It will save your life one day.

Thank you Kevin our illustrious leader and thank you to my soulsister and native sister and to all the others here in this my home and journey that you all share with me to stamp out the Laughing Demon Exclamation

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 5:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

I hate that you are suffering so with all these and the depression as well. My heart goes out to you. But I hear hope in your words, and that will help you to overcome all these.

Yet, inspite of all this, you still perserve and stay quit. My hat is off to you for never giving in to Scowling Demon and reaching a year of freedom!

Love to You,

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you could do it, Leona! I'm heading out of town and rushing to get packed and get done the things I need to do...

but said to Mr. Bill that I HAVE to go to the office and check in here to wish someone very special a happy ANNIVERSARY!

And, that someone special is you! You've face just about every trial possible that would make most of us just throw up our hands and give in to old Laughing Demon. But through it all, you kept true to yourself, and kept the quit going.

I hope that the physical and mental trials that you are now facing will be overcome....but I know they will, because I know that you have what it takes to beat the odds!

A huge congratulations to you...because if anyone in this world deserves it...YOU DO!

So, not only do I want you to get a wonderful reward for yourself...but I want you to get yourself TWO wonderful rewards! And just tell them to put it on my account...on account of you're special.

congrats, Lady!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 7:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on your first year of freedom, leona! your story is great, and your attitude is, too; just keep crossing those bridges as you come to them. nobody ever said it would be easy, but you've shown a lot of grace under pressure, and you've shown a lot of people that this can be done, no matter what life hands us. thanks for being here, for being a part of the woofmang family, and for showing how to walk this walk with your head held high. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Backfist

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 8:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful post, Leona! It really inspired me tonight, and I needed a bit of inspiration. What a long journey you've been on this past year, and through it all, you have remained smoke-free. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. I've got a feeling you're gonna meet your next "challenges" with all the flair and grace you can!

Excellent. You deserve something so special. What's it gonna be? Come back and tell us. I hope it is something totally FRIVOLOUS, totally FUN, and totally MEMORABLE!

Dekie
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 8:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, thanks for posting that beautiful writing. Yes, you've sure been through a lot this past year but have held steadfast and strong with your quit. Your strength is to be admired.

My prayers are with you for a resolution to all your health problems. We can handle anything with God's help.

Congratulations on making it to the big table.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 9:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Here's a hug just for you, just for your anniversary(((((((HUG)))))))

Essie
4/14/04
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: April 11, 2005 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary!!!
You have a great additude. You are an insperation to newbies too. All this going on in your life and you were able to stay focused in your quit. WTG!!! Very Happy

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 12, 2005 12:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, big pat on the back, you deserve it and be well!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2005 3:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

What a terrific and inspiring post! We could all learn from you how to deal with life's problems and as someone else said do it with grace and perserverence! People sometime say: "You are da Woman!" But you really are, Leona, hands down, you are!

Congratulations on a great quit, and how lucky am I to have you for a Quit Sister, also!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am sending you a little something here! You picked a good symbol for yourself, because unicorns are magical and so are you!

Margaret
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 12, 2005 9:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret My dear quit sister thank you for the unicorns as you know they are among my favorite magical creature. I admire them for their grace and beauty as well as for their magical qualities. You also have those magical qualities and those are love and patience for us who are struggling along with you. I am blessed to have you as my quit sister.

Diane I hope that I am an inspiration to all those who are just starting out on this journey. It can be done. No one ever said it would be easy and it is full of pitfalls but like with all things there are pitfalls and they can be overcome. Just keep trying and keep on walking the straight and narrow. It is worth it.

Tammy Thank you and god bless you. I love the pat on the back it makes me all warm and fuzzy. Embarassed Very Happy

Jo I just wrote what was in my heart and mind. We all are on this road together and when one falls the others grieve. I was just determined not to be one of the ones that fell. Thank you for being there with your hands open wide to take mine.

Dekie We are all in this together. I have some really great friends here on Woofmang and I am so happy to be part of this really great family. As in all families there are people who hurt and others who help them along. There have been many hugs and many shoulders to cry on. And each and every one of them are special and loving. If you reach out to them they reach back with love and prayers hugs and shoulders and hands to hold.

Kevin Thank you for welcoming me to this family. I love it here and I really do feel as if I belong. And believe me that is rare. Even in my 3 D family I don't feel as if I belong. I had tears in my eyes when I read your post. Thank you for giving me this wonderful place to come to and for being the "father" to us all.

Pam Your post touched me so very much. Not to many things in my life can touch me like you have. You have held my hand and given me wonderful advice through out this year. I count you among one of the very special people in my life. Thank you for feeling that I am special and that I deserve so much. I am just trying to get along like everyone else and I know that there are others out there in worse shape then I am. Especially considering they don't have friends like I have here.

Deb Thank you for the love I can feel here. Thank you for the prayers and the hugs. I have needed them so much through out the year. You are a blessing and special yourself.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2005 7:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I think you should give yourself a great big hug! You are dealing with alot and you did not smoke. What a testimony that is to others! It takes courage to bare ones sole to others. But by doing that, you have helped other people on this site.

I think it is wonderful that you are getting counseling.

You are a great person! It is an honor to call you friend!

May God be with you!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
michelleanne

Quit Date:
January 1, 2005

PostPosted: April 13, 2005 2:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad so sad to hear about your health problems. Very Happy congrats for reaching a year despite them,you deserve a big hug.michelle
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 1:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Leona,

Promise me if you ever need me to call me and I will call you back. I have had depression as bad as you have so I can relate.

I am so very proud of you for all you've been through this past year and to get as far as you have.

A late Congratulations...!!!! I can't remember if I PM you or not.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
eastcoastraven

Quit Date:
April 15, 2005

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 11:53 PM    Post subject: what an inspiration Reply with quote

Leona,
Congrats on a full year... Its been tough for you but you made it and are an inspiration to me a new comer that it can be done!! Thank you and Congrats.
-Raven-

-You are stronger than you ever thought you could be! Dont give up/In -
-Raven-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: