quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Tooth Fairy is Coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 1:22 PM    Post subject: The Tooth Fairy is Coming Reply with quote

WEll, I went to the dentist today and had my teeth cleaned. Now I usually do this twice a year, but what with all that was happening, it has been a year! And still I had almost no stain on them!! Very Happy This is from not smoking! Very Happy So I had the dentist give me one of the tooth fairy stickers he give to the kids that says "The Tooth Fairy is Coming!" Hmmmmmm......how much money should the fairy leave under my pillow? Very Happy Very Happy

(btw: THe bad news was that I ate too much candy during the early part of the quit. This causes bad gums, and I have to have them repaired. Ugh! So, Quitters, try to eat something besides candy, because even if you brush everytime, the acid from sugar still eats into your gums. So says my dentist. Sometimes I think that man didn't even get candy as a little boy! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Margaret
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 4:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 2:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much money does the tooth fairy leave these day? Anyone know?

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 7:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

margaret wrote:
So how much money does the tooth fairy leave these day? Anyone know?

$100?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 9:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to inflation, since the quarter days of the 60's....the tooth fairy now leaves $1 per tooth. The process and technique is still the same.....

tooth left under pillow.

Mother of 4 Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 1:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, with all due respect, I like Kevin's idea better! Laughing Laughing
Having yours gums cut away has got to be worth more than teeth, but I plan on leaving only the stickers under the pillow, needless to say! Shocked Rolling Eyes

Still, this is handy information to know. I assume those are baby teeth. Now adult teeth are worth even more! Being priceless, as they are! Laughing How about if we multiply by years! Laughing

In any event, the dentist is the next most horrible thing to Hell Week, so I need a good reward! I hate to see the dentist die before his time. Laughing

Margaret
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 4:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find sugar is not the only culprit with the gums....but the surgery is not that bad.....had to have it done twice...once by a dentist who did not give a damn and once by one who did Laughing Laughing ..... I went out both nights and ate catfish and baked potatoe just fine....

Now breaking the jaw is another story...........
Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 5:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, what are you having done to your gums? I've had gum surgery. Kerry
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 24, 2005 11:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I assume it is the same thing I had on the other side several years ago-maybe longer. He cut away the part of the gums with "pockets", which is infection, I think, to prevent it from spreading. At first the roots of your teeth can be seen, but the gum grows back and covers eventually. What did you have done?

Kay, thanks for the encouragement. I don't know. It was pretty painful before, and I missed a day or 2 or work. Well, I didn't expect the stitches etc, but I don't think that happens every time. That time he was also pulling a tooth, where I then got a bridge. I think this time is just straight surgery.

I'm going to wait until after the hernia surgery. Gosh, there such seem to be a bunch of these "surgeries!" Shocked But al least they seem to be minor! Very Happy

Margaret
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 25, 2005 11:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret I had bone grafting done. They actually cut the gums and grafted bone to my jaw. All of my top teeth were done, and if they ever told me to get the bottom done I would tell them where the could put their bone loss. I'd much rather have 12 c-sections. Can't you reverse the gum damage by root scaling and floss? I'm having sympathy pain right now for you. BTW, sorry I haven't answered any of my other posts. My son made his First Holy Communion on Saturday and I've been really busy. My other son turns 6 tomorrow and once that's all over I'll have more time to type!! Kerry
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 25, 2005 9:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry,

Oh dear, I think I'm having flashbacks! It was horribly painful! But I don't think there was any bone grafting. To tell the truth, I was so out of it, and wild to get my hands around the throat of my dentist (he said later that I did bite him Laughing so at least I got that much in! Laughing ) that I don't remember all of it. It was all the teeth on one upper side, except like I said one was pulled, and later I got a bridge there.

ANd no, unfortunately, you can't fix it by flossing. YOu can prevent it by flossing, which I thought I had been doing. But I think I got a little careless when I snacked so much during the quit. (Quitters: Just brush your teeth--you don't have to stop the mid-night snacks, but brush!!! and Floss!!) Also, some of it is hereditary. Some of us just naturally don't have strong teeth and gums.

Like I said I am having the straight surgery, I hope. And it is the other upper side this time. Glad to know about this bone grafting, however. Remember that word "NO"? Sounds like a good time to use it! Laughing Thanks,

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: