quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feeling a little lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 1:11 PM    Post subject: Feeling a little lost. Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
I feel a little lost here saw a posting on FFs about this site and am glad I did come to check it out. It feels more like home. I really hate the new boards at FFs they are so hard to do now. But I will chick back on them from time to time during the day or week.

But I feel lost and kinda like a newbie as my quit date is tommorrow Easter Sunday. And all I see here are folks who have already quit for a long time now.

This does feel more like the old boards and I am having fun playing with the gifs and smileys. But would like to see some of the newbies coming on here too. Then I wouldn't feel quite so lost on here. Feels strange being the only one not quit yet.

pikachu1lt(Leona)
http://www.gifs.net/animate/cakep11.gif
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 1:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Leona!! Use as many sources as you want/can for support. Don't let it get you down that there aren't a lot of Newbies here.. it doesn't look like this site was set up to be a program with lessons and modules, so it's probably a really good thing to work the FFS program too.

Good luck tomorrow!!! I'm totally cheering for you! You can do this!

-Zuzu
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 3:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona Razz If you're nervous about tomorrow, it's natural. But it will really be the beginning of a new life for you. And, even through the first week will really suck big time ....you'll also start to see some of the benefits of quitting in a short period of time.

I'm having a real technical problem at the new site...having to log in every time I click my mouse to enter or exit a post....and I just can't be on there until they resolve it. But Zuzu is right...I think the FFS site modules are good to follow...and use both sites for support.

You can keep me company here...since I really can't get on FFS.
Happy Easter/Happy quit day!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Mary Ellen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 4:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona,
I feel much the same as you. I just came over a few days ago from FFS. I too am new at "quitting" and I was wondering about the fact that everyone here seems to be veterans at it. In fact I've had a major slip. I didn't feel good about posting it here, but I will in reply to your post. After 8 days smoke free - I broke down. I feel like dirt. I am going to start quitting again though. I need a few days to get myself together, read FFS stuff again, and do soul searching before I get back on the horse. I figure I am still alive after 8 days quitting - a slip is not going to ruin this for me. I have to be off the boards from Monday till next Fri. because we are headed home to Ohio. (we are snowbirds from Fl.) It will be tough not to have this support but thats life. The other thing is I'd love to talk tosomeone who is quitting at my age 64. Everyone seems so young, I guess that doesn't matter, but we have different problems. Oh well, keep up the preparations, I don't think I did enough. Happy Easter. Razz
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 4:56 PM    Post subject: zuzu, mary ellen and pamela Reply with quote

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/1roses.gif[img][/img]

To all of you thank you,

I was really feeling kind of out of the loop. I will continue doing the mods on FFS but can't handle the message boards and I will be glad to keep you company on here pamela. I sure do hope thogh that they get the FFS boards fixed I would not want to loose my ffs family. You guys have been a great support to me. But if I have to login for every reply and posting then I would end up smoking all over again it was driving me nuts. My son gave me a bunny for easter boy is it cute wish I could figure out how to show you all. I am not very good with gifs and images on these things at all.

I do have to say that this board feels very much like the old FFS boards though and so many of the verterns are here it feels close to home.

It probably will become my second home anyway. FFS will always be my first home cuz that is where I ended up first. But this one is realy great too. '

I know I am rambling on again I seem to have a tendency to do that now. AAnd yes extemely nervous afraid of failing and proving everyone here at home right. They all think that I won't make it once again. Sad

Anyway enough rambling and again thank you so very much to ZuZu mary ellen and Pamela. You know my best friends name is Pamela too.

pikachu1lt(Leona)[/img]
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: April 10, 2004 8:55 PM    Post subject: New folks an invitation Reply with quote

Hi Leona
It won't be long. think aloot of people will be working this site and FFS for awhile. I am sure Maryella sees the trend. Even if the FFS boards are fixed I will be going back and forth.
Jim
4 months
3 weeks +
cherkohn

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 1:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here too as a refugee from FFS. We are all here to help you. It won't be long before you are one of the "old timers". I sure hope that some of the old timers from FFS wil be joining us here. Those boards suck!! But the program is great. DO NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater!!

Cheryl - Free and Healing for Twenty Six Days, 16 Hours and 10 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1067 cigarettes that would have cost me $186.92.
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 11:13 AM    Post subject: one crave at a time today, Leona Reply with quote

Hi Leona~

Try to look at it this way. You may not have a lot of newbies to bond with here but there are a few. And there are several veteran quitters with varying degrees of success. It's almost like you are in a private school with fewer distractions.

All you really need to worry about today is getting through your next craving. Just take them one at a time.

Kevin, the creator of Woofmang, has several very inspiring articles in his "Tales of the quit". Go check them out if you need a dose of strength.

You could also go back and rework a module or 2. Whyquit is always there to kill some time.

Just get through today with positive reinforcement and education.

you can do this

Paul
65 days nicotine free
Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 12:45 PM    Post subject: Prayers Reply with quote

Prayers to you Leona on this Easter quit day for you.

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 5:49 PM    Post subject: What a great support system you all are Reply with quote

You are all so very wonderful and yes paul I will think of this as a private school with me being among a very few students. And I agree the boards on FFS suck but nope will not abandon them entirely will bounce back and forth and hopefully someone says when the blasted boards are fixed so we can help the others. I don't think at this point I will do anything except work the mods as the signing in all the time was driving me really nutsy. It would drive a drunk sober and preacher to drinking so I don't want to take a chance that it drives me back to smoking I am not that strong as of yet.
pikachu1lt(Leona)
cigarettes not smoked 11 money saved $1.96 smoke free 6 hrs 48mins and 6 seconds life saved 55 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: