quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Whoa!!! I AM EXCITE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 11:25 AM    Post subject: Whoa!!! I AM EXCITE!!!! Reply with quote

Guys,

Whoa!!! OMG!!! I'm soooo excited......

I lost 2 pounds!!! The first pounds to lose since quitting!!!

What a surprise! Surprised I wasn't expecting this. But it HAPPENED!!! and it's just the motivitation I needed to get down and serious about getting thin again.

Yes!!! I'm jumping up and down!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've just changed the way I eat.....more fiber, more dairy, less sweets, more veggies and fruits, and eating smaller portions, and eating more often through the day little bits. I drink lots of grapefruit juice too.

Sorry about going on about this....BUT I'M SOOOO HAPPY!!! Very Happy

Ok....need to lose a total of 30-35 pounds. (10 lbs from this quit and the rest from yo-yo quitting since Sept)

Smiling and Bouncing off the Wall,

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 12:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm catchin the fever baby! We are gonna look like hot babes this summer!
Okay everyone, look out, here we come Laughing Laughing

Good for you Deb! It is hard to loose, and when you do, you HAVE to get excited!!!!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 2:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

This is the perfect way to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds that way when I was a young woman (too late to get into the professional ballet company that I had aimed for, but worked, nonetheless).

THe great thing about the slow, good-eating habits kind of way of losing weight is that it never comes back. I have been the same size since I lost that weight. Do not get impatient and give up. This is a slow way to lose, but so healthy and like I said, it will work forever, because you have formed new and healthier eating habits. Congratulations!!!

Margaret
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 3:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I can feel your enthusiasm and I don't blame you. From what you wrote, you're really going about this in the proper way. Actually, it takes somewhat of a life-style change to make it work.

Congratulations on this wonderful achievement. Go buy yourself a itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow, pokla dot bikini. Wink

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
JoyMck

Quit Date:
January 27, 2005

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 3:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

You have every right to be so excited!! Good for you!! If and when I lose 2 lbs. I will be bouncing off the walls too!!

I was beginning to think losing weight was impossible! Thanks to you, I now know better!!

Keep up the good work!!

Joy

Work like you don't need the money
Dance like no one is watching
Love like you've never been hurt

JoyMck
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 10:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Girls!!! We are going to kick the "waddle" on out that window!!!

Londa, we have lakes here in Indiana to show off that "hot summer babe" bods in July!!! Wink Cool Maybe Jo can join us and we will all wear those itsy bitsy yellow poka dot bikinis! Very Happy Cool Then Margaret can bring her ballet shoes and we'll all go dancing in the evening complete with sleek dresses made for whirling and twirling!! And Joy will be there too, beaming with "joy" like her name knowing that she is a hot babe too cause she did lose that weight too!!!

Come on girls!!! We can do this!!

Let's dance a jig and burn some calories!!! Oh Yeah.....Kay, come join us!!!

Hugging You All

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 11:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, there is light at the end of this tunnel too! I am so proud that you lost the weight. I have dropped a few pounds since the last time I got on the scales and freaked out....I started walking the dogs around the pasture twice a day again and working out when I can...as far as eating....well, I just love to eat but thank goodness I could live on veggies and fruit so I try to eat more of that and less meat.

I know I need to eat breakfast...as the doc said that was the one meal I did not need to miss but still find it hard to get it in....besides if I eat breakfast, I want to eat all day.....any suggestions on that?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 11:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, I also have a hard time eating breakfast! Maybe someone has some helpful ideas....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 22, 2005 11:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, deb! keep up the god work! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 12:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin! Very Happy

Kay and Mary,

Well, I'm one of those too. Breakfast just isn't "normal" for me. It was a coffee and cig event for sure. But, change needed to happen. I still have a hard time "remembering" to eat breakfast within an hour of waking. Basically, it's something light and small. After I dress, I eat breakfast before beginning the day. I make another pot of coffee, and as it's brewing, I pop in a couple of pieces of wheat bread for toast, get out my vitamins, pour a glass of juice AND a glass of milk. Toast done, little butter. Sit and eat toast, take vitamins, and drink the juice and milk. Sometimes it's bagels or a bowl of cereal. Nothing big. Maybe a piece of fruit with it...like a banana or melon....or strawberries. You get the picture. It's just like anything....it takes resolve and practice doing it. It's definitely not something that was "me"......but it's becoming the new me. Very Happy Biggest help is getting it worked into the morning routine.

Don't know if that helps....but that's how I've done it. Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are absolutely right...one must make the choice for change just like with not smoking...lightbulb moment...in my case, I get up get the coffee and start immediately doing chores.....guess I must learn to slow down a bit.....I have picked up the house and walked the dogs so now I will get a bite to eat before finishing any work....thanks, it did help me realize my weakness. It also made me realize breakfast does not have to mean bacon/sausage and eggs with biscuits....hubby will find that to be a bummer.... Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 4:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

If I had to cook a 3 course meal to eat breakfast....well, let's just say, breakfast just wouldn't happen. That's was part of my problem.....I don't like to cook first thing in the morning. Later in the day is no big deal to cook, but not first thing. If we have the full deal...bacon, eggs, saugage etc...it's because hubby has fixed it. He's the "breakfast" cook around here. On the weekends, I may cook a breakfast, but through the week...it's definitely a help yourself and make it easy affair! Wink

And like you, once I start the day....well, I don't like to stop either. That's why I eat breakfast before I begin the day....or I wouldn't eat. Smile

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2005 7:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm another one who doesn't have breakfast. For me it's just a glass of juice. However, our son-in-law just had a blood test and dropped his cholesterol 20 pts. just by eating oatmeal every morning. I'm going to give it a try.

I know we should eat breakfast but it's such a bore. I'd much rather get started with my day. Embarassed

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
16Ocean

Quit Date:
April 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 30, 2005 3:43 AM    Post subject: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey Deb, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I agree, it IS hard to come off, so when you do loose, good gosh, by all means it calls for a big time celebration!! You have every right to be so excited. Sounds like you have some pretty good eating habits too, healthy foods. YEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Sincerely, Heidi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: