quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Having the Hernia Surgery on Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 1:36 AM    Post subject: Having the Hernia Surgery on Monday Reply with quote

In case I don't get back here tomorrow, I just wanted to say that I have the hernia repair Monday at 12:30, and should be home from this out-patient surgery by late-afternoon. I don't know if I will be on the computer for a day or two, but not to worry. In this case no news is good news. If need be, I would give my password to a trusted friend to sign on here and post for me. She will go to the surgery with me.

I am just very busy getting everything done now, in case I can't do it for a while later, i.e. cleaning the apartment, doing the laundry (carrying those heavy baskets, don't you know Wink ). My neighbors have been very nice, offering to shop and walk my dog, so hoping all will be well. Very Happy

I did have a few set backs unexpected this week. The plumbing broke just before my CT scan Friday, and I came home to a plumber in my bathroom which I very much wanted to use (as in desperately! Shocked Laughing ), and when I told him he would have to get out--or as I put it, "When I say 'Run,' you better get out fast!" he nodded and smiled, and I thought he understood. Turned out he did not speak English, had no idea what I said. A catasptrophe was averted because I crashed literally from coming down from the drugs, slept until 5:00 and never even knew he when he left.

Hopefully this surgery will stop the pain in my side. If not, it will be on to the back surgery, as that is a possible cause. The purpose of the new CT scan was to rule out anything else internal.

I don't why I hate the idea so much of having 3 little holes put in my belly, but it just freaks me out. Surely it will be alright. I have heard these are not difficult--these hernia fixes! Well, here's mud in your eye! Wink Is that HUmphrey Bogart? Have I got that right?

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 8:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret - I'll say an extra prayer that your surgery goes well. Laprascopic surgery is pretty amazing and healing is much quicker without the big incisions. I'll be looking for a post surgery update!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 12:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Margaret! Please get well soon!!! Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 1:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Margaret. You know you're in my prayers. Please post as soon as you feel up to it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
michelleanne

Quit Date:
January 1, 2005

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 3:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you a very speedy recovery .michelle
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 4:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure that the procedure will go smoothly; my sister had a hernia repaired when she was less than a year old, and it went fine. and that was 40 years ago - i'm sure they're pretty much perfected the technique since then. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 1, 2005 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Margaret,

I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 2, 2005 8:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Margaret,

Speedy recovery!

Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: