quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smoking dreams, craves, hernia pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 7, 2005 1:53 PM    Post subject: Smoking dreams, craves, hernia pain Reply with quote

I guess everybody knows I'm in fierce pain since I've left it all over the boards, but I haven't said this part. I posted again on my thread on the Wellness Board.

I'm having smoking dreams again. They are so comforting, and I seem to seek them out in sleep, and when I smoke in my dream, I am pain-free and so easy and comfortable and happy. It's like a a little slice of heaven to be without the hideous pain, but it is always accompanied by the smoke! Now I know this for a lie, but the trouble is that then I think of it in the daytime, and start to wonder if it would help. Just a little I wonder. Would it? I know I am supposed to think about lung cancer and stuff like that, but this pain is so bad, I cannot think beyond it.

What I hope even more, is that some of you might have info or know or anyone who has had this operation. On the hernia message board I found, I did not want to read it, because it was only people with complications which are so horrible that to even comtemplate such a thing is too terribe. And only 3 to 7 per cent of people ever have complications. Do you know anyone who had this done?

Londa, what happened toyour father? I knowyour hubby recovered right away with no problem--not like me.

Well, it's back to bed. I can only stay up a few minutes. My well-toned body is mush. My side is constantly on fire. I am now going to have to take compazine on top of these other drugs, because of the nausea, which is stemming from the pain, so said my doc.

Thanks,

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 7, 2005 6:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear your recovery isn't going as smoothly as you'd like, margaret - as i think i mentioned, my sister had a hernia operation when she was an infant, and there were no complications from it; other than her, i don't know anybody that's ever had this operation.

of course, you realize that smoking would not help this in any way, right? i think you might be having those thoughts because it seems easier to hide from the pain (even if you have to hide behind the smokescreen again) than to face it. i wish i could give you some good advice about what to do about the pain, but i can give you some about what not to do about it:

don't smoke.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 7, 2005 6:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, my father was in pain but he was okay. I am so sorry that your recovery is so painful. Is there anyone there that can give you a massage? Have you tried Yoga breathing for the pain?

God be with you tonight. You are in my thoughts!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 8, 2005 11:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin and Londa.

Kevin, I much appreciate that you took the time to figure that out for me--which it seems that you did! And I was, indeed, trying so hard to get away from the pain that I was even (in dreams, anyway) willing to get behind the smokescreen again. It annoys me to have this pain/smoke connection, but at least I got rid of the thoughts in the day time, I'm pretty sure. I think it is was an attempt to go back to a "pain-free" time and that happened to include smoking. Actually, I'm well aware that this would make me sicker, cause more scar tissue, and other bad things. At night I still dream some. It's weird. Now that I forbade myself to dream about them, I dream that I am with someone else who smokes! (Gosh, still trying in dreams.) But at least, they are just dreams. And I did get myself to the Hernia Discussion Message Board, and some nice people there have given some good support. I wouldn't have done that, Kevin, if you hadn't helped me see that I was not facing the fact of being in the pain. Thank you.

Londa, how long did it last, your father's pain? Do you remember?

Margaret
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 6:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi margaret!

I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough recovery! Sad

I don't know much about the subject..But i just wanted to send you some love and prayers, i hope you feel better soon.

hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: