quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

food pyramid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 6:21 PM    Post subject: food pyramid Reply with quote

Most of you guys have probably seen the new food pyramid already but here is a link to their site.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

The cool thing is that there is more than one pyramid to fit your age and how much you exercise. I am really happy to see this change in the pyramid and how they are addressing whole grains, and other alternatives for proteins. I caught Oprah the other day, which was really an excellent show on diet and health. They reccomended this book. YOU: The Owner's Manual : An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger
by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet Oz

My addiction of the moment:
Genmai-cha
Brown Rice Green Tea!! YUMMY!

Hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 8:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they changed it, too. Having done battle with the bulge, I know that education is really important. I lost a lot of weight 8 years ago now and I still work on reading all I can about health and nutrition, I consider that my Continuing Education Credits! LOL!!! Rolling Eyes Wink

Food certainly has been an issue with my quit. I still can't believe how great everything smells. We went out to a French Restaurant last night. When the waiter brought the salad plate, I could smell the oil dressing. It really amazes me, still.

Thanks for posting the link! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 11, 2005 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooooo much! I went right to it and printed off some stuff already. Will look into it more today!

I'm never to old to learn! Very Happy

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: