quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My 3rd Day Separated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2005 10:37 PM    Post subject: My 3rd Day Separated Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I've had a real hard day today with boredom and feeling sorry for myself. Then tonight I felt down after trying to call my husband to tell him I'd know about the therapist appointment Monday. Then I got an email that cheered me up. I won't call my husband anymore until I know something. He's probably out of town at his mom's house for the whole weekend now that I'm gone. She's probably telling him all kinds of bad stuff about me but I just don't care anymore. I will not be subject to any of that bull anymore. And now that it is night time and I can get online I feel so much more better.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2005 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,
I know all you've been through with your marriage and I am praying things work out for you. We're all here for you if you need to talk. I'm so happy you're still seeing a therapist too. I haven't been here lately, so I don't know all that has went on recently. But I know you deserve to be happy. I'll keep you in my thoughts,

Warm Hugs,
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 8:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 9:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Barbara,

I have such admiration for you -- you're going to be just fine. Keep positive thoughts going and let God help you through this trying time. If you have a hobby; knitting, crocheting, drawing, writing, whatever - take this time to get back into it. If not, just go outdoors and enjoy the beautiful springtime.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 1:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

Your action took a lot of courage and you're starting to believe that you really do matter. Look at what you accomplished by not smoking.

I have the belief that once a person finally does quit, they're now starting to really care about themselves and really believe in their worth. That's how I feel about myself.

You've done that and now you've taken an extraordinary step in moving on to discover a life that you truly deserve. I've always loved the saying "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step". It may not seem so now.....but you're starting your adventure of self-discovery. For me it's a life-long process. Go for it!

May you always walk in beauty,

Donna
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 4:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, So many prayers are coming your way. You are in my thoughts.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 5:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks all,

I am laying in bed too much today. I'm not sleeping but just laying there thinking. There's not much to do otherwise. I did drive to the grocery store by myself and back. I've been driving more than I had been.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 8:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Once you get past the I have to go back thing because I can't do this and start thinking yes I can do this you will be fine. Boredom is part of finding out who we are and how creative with our time we can become. Put your computer skills that you are learning to some use and make some stuff out of them. What is entirely up to you but it will occupy your time and mind which is our biggest downfall when it comes to getting out of a marriage like we have had to endure.

We are so much better then they let us beleive ourselves to be. It is they who needs to learn and it they who are cutting us to the quick because they don't know how to be real men they are still little boys who want and want it now. In order for them to feel big and wonderful about themselves they have to make others feel small and unwanted and unable to do anything without them. But you know what we can do it because as the song says "we are woman we are strong" If we were not strong we would not be here and not able to keep the human race populated. Men would not even try to do this because they would wimp out from having a child. (to much pain for them).

Just remember we are strong. And if you need to talk I am more then willing to listen. Call me girlfriend.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank Leona,

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara,

You are so strong my friend. I very much admire you and respect what you are doing! I am thinking of you.

Margaret
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2005 10:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay strong Barb....know you can do what you set your mind to do.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: