quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I use to think I was kind!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 7:05 AM    Post subject: I use to think I was kind! Reply with quote

BUT!!!!! Right now I could take my physical therapist and bop her on the head!! My legs are so sore...... HOw sore do you ask? Let me tell you! (and thanks for asking, by the way)

They are so sore I can hardly walk, let alone go up a staircase!

I had my last treatment Tuesday night. I had to pick up a box, without bending over, keeping my back straight, then put it back on the floor. I had to bend my knees. Now I never thought my legs were that weak. I could hardly do it!! But I did!

The next day, I could hardly walk.

Today, I am improving. I still go to workout, and I am lifting weights. I am not being a woos! I really am trying.

But the reason I went to therapy was for my back, so I guess it worked for that. I learned alot. So I guess the therapist did her job. Maybe I shouldn't bop her on the head Embarassed

Oh well, life goes on. What one has to do to keep in shape. I tell the people at work here I am no longer "Twiggy". They may now call me
"Mae West". Hey what can I say. Laughing Laughing

Hey everyone! HAve a wonderful day and may God Bless you All! And keep the smiles coming!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 8:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 5:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work out the soreness Londa....not easy but it does help....you have a great day...and does Kevin look heathy or what?
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2005 5:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so proud of you Londa. Life just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Keep working out, our muscles absolutely adore activity -- ha-ha!

Yes, Kay, Kevin has that healthy glow. Guess it's from not smoking.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2005 12:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa,

You just experienced the "no pain no gain" cliche. Ouch!!! Shocked Very Happy Feeling your pain from the story.....sorry girl!! But, hey, after the pain subsides, MUSCLES!, yes!

You're doing great...keep it up! Working it out takes some determination...which you have! Wink Try ice and then heat...to ease the pain....and keep moving so it doesn't set in and lock in.

Hugs Girl

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 20, 2005 10:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Londa,

I can relate to back problems. I don't know the extent of yours but PT can be good. How about a hot soak for the soreness?

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: