quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's for Dinner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 3:51 PM    Post subject: What's for Dinner? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I am having a Weight Watcher's spanish rice dish for supper tonight. I got the receipe on their site a long time ago. I have not had spanish rice since I was a kid in camp so I am really excited about fixing it. I'd love to hear what you all are also having for supper with weight in mind. Perhaps if we chatted about our menus it could be helpful to others to know there are lots of things we can eat and still watch our weight.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 4:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having a huge salad with romaine lettuce-broccoli-green onions-orange pepper-red pepper-baby carrots-English cucumber-grape tomatoes-2oz low fat feta- low fat homemade creamy flax seed dressing. Curried pork tenderloin between 4oz to 6oz portion. Baked potato with salsa as well as asparagus drizzled with lemon juice and pepper. Wink Awesome

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 5:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a late lunch, so I'm having sliced mushrooms w/ ff zesty italian, a soy burger w/cheese, propably a couple of Coronas w/limes (so I won't get rickets! Rolling Eyes Wink ) and a large bowl of frozen blueberries. I just had lunch a few hours ago, and am still having some of my morning coffee, so it is a light dinner tonight.

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 5:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody, you can cook for me anytime!

Barb, thanks for the idea. I havn't had Spanish Rice in years!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
wiley

Quit Date:
March 20, 2005

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 6:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased some turkey bacon and found it to be a reasonable and healthy alternative to regular bacon. Sometimes when you diet everything gets so bland and this definately was not.

Wiley
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 6:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to go work out just READING what's for dinner - I'm trying some hot spicy turkey sausage w/ peppers and onions and making a low fat/low carb orange salad dressing for a spinach salad for lunch tomorrow - nuking some turkey bacon to crumble on the salad. Good idea Barb!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2005 10:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Melody, what time is dinner???? We must have been thinking along the same lines today... we had a salad, tenderloin and split a potato, mine with low fat cheese....thank goodness for my George Grill, I was starving...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 1:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Well, if I hadn't of just had my late night snack of chicken breast and gravy, (I cheated with the gravy), I would probably be wanting to get some tenderloin for myself. I haven't a clue what to eat for supper tomorrow. Maybe leftovers. Baked pork chops, cheese macaroni, and green beans. I fill up on the green beans and pork chop more than the macaroni salad. I love Canadian bacon. Thank you all for the good input.

Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 1:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. You're all making me hungry. Our dinner last night was left-over hot chicken wings and a huge salad of iceberg, romaine, baby spinach, red cabbage, English cucumber, red onion and grape tomato halves. The dressing was Kraft (I think) Fat Free Italian.

Wiley, HELP! I've tried turkey bacon and ended up throwing it away -- the brand I bought was terrible. What brand did you buy? I'd sure like to find some that tastes like bacon.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 5:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, spanish rice is tasty! Very Happy Well, last night had grilled burgers on wheat buns, and a romaine lettuce salad with sweet purple onion, roma tomatoes, orange bell peppers, cucumbers, and parmasan cheese sprinkled on top...dressing was Asian Ginger.

Tonight the kids go to their bible study group and then they hang out at Taco Bell afterwards.....so, I'll be solo tonight and will probably stop at McDonalds and get a salad. What fun! Rolling Eyes

Smiles

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 5:56 PM    Post subject: Turkey Bacon Reply with quote

Jo - I've tried Butterball and Louis Rich Turkey bacon - I like one better than the other but can't recall which Rolling Eyes I usually cook pork bacon slowly - but the turkey package recommends higher heat if you "fry" it - so I let the pan get pretty hot before I put the bacon in and seemed to have a better "crunch". The microwave is pretty good too. Good luck...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 10:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you for the cooking lesson Mary with the turkey bacon. I may try it.

I didn't eat so hot today for supper. I just had a lunch meat sandwich and Carnation Instant Breakfast drink because I was on the go. Then when I got home from church I had tuna fish in oil with mayo.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: