quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mind, Body, and Soul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 5, 2005 3:49 AM    Post subject: Mind, Body, and Soul Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi All,

I have been going to a doctor's practice that employes a lot of interns and usually when I go there I see someone different. Well, lately I just have not been satisfied with the place and have printed up list of PCP covered by my insurance. When my husband goes back to work Tuesday, I plan to call the ones I think I would like to go to and inquire about how soon I can get in. I also want to be sure that I will be seeing a real doctor and the same doctor each time.

I want to get into an exercise program but so far I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone yet at my doctor's office whether I can start one. My left leg is messed up from a muscle that is bigger than the other leg's muscle. Since the student I saw Friday said she thought it was coming from my back and the intern did not even check it I just don't feel right about it. And before I leave that Practice, I plan to get a referral to a different surgeon than the one I had been going to. I've had 2 doctors say I need back surgery years ago to have the nero surgeon to only order the spinal blocks all the time. They don't help. I think it's time for the surgery because I am tired of being crippled up with pain. I can't even walk very far without hurting.

I listened to a song today on my Aaron Nevill CD named, Change is Gonna Come, and I thought how it fit me. I have been working on changing my brain juice by learning new things, but now I feel is the time to work on my physical well being as well. At 1st I tried to do it on my own but found out I cannot with my limitations. I need to enlist the aid of a doctor to help me.

I also have already started working on my spiritual well being by going to my church more often. Although, I have missed the past 3 Sundays due to a cold.

This morning I ordered a Delux Scrabble board game online so I can play it with my friend who moved 2 blocks away not long ago. That's also for the mind.

And I also want to have a pulmony doctor for my COPD and not my primary care physician.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 5, 2005 7:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "taking charge", Barbara. When I quit smoking, I found a new confidence that I never had before. Sounds like you have too. Speak up for yourself....you'll be surprised how many people listen when you do.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 5, 2005 10:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a plan, barbara! (and aaron nevill's great!) Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 5, 2005 4:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Barb. If we don't take care of ourselves, no one else is going to. Stay strong! Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2005 1:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Pam, Kevin, and Jo:

My Aaron Neville CD was one of my lunarversary rewards.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 7, 2005 3:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Barbara, you are really going into action! I admire that! You are also inspiring me! Thanks for posting this! Very Happy

btw: I had a calf muscle that was bigger than the other leg for years, after my first knee injury. Following the knee surgery, I was able with the help of a PT to get them the same size again. Yes, I think the back could do it, too. Which muscle is it?

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2005 7:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Aaron Neville?

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2005 8:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Margaret.

Londa, Aaron Neville is a soul singer from the 80's maybe? I haven't a clue what era he was popular. Two of his hits were, Tell it Like it Is, and, Don't Take Away my Heaven. I'm sure if you heard the songs you might recognize them.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: