quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Attitude and Choices!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 1:14 PM    Post subject: Attitude and Choices!! Reply with quote

Received this via email.....it's good!!! Right up my alley!!! Very Happy

READ THIS. LET IT REALLY SINK IN. THEN CHOOSE.

Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, Michael was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Michael and asked him, "I don't get it!

You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"

Michael replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or .. you can choose to be in a bad mood.

I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," Michael said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what Michael said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that Michael was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Michael was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw Michael about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," Michael replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

Michael continued, "..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine.But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said Michael. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'."

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

Michael lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34.

After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

You have two choices now:

01. Delete this.

02. Forward it to the people you care about.

You know the choice I made.

God Bless, and smile,it could be contagious.

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 6:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Deb, I love that. It's so true; we do have choices. This will be e-mailed to all my friends even though most of them already live their lives choosing happiness rather than worry.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for posting this. It says what I believe far better than I could have ever said it. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2005 11:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2005 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I am printing this! This is great!

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 29, 2005 12:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Deb,

It is really refreshing to read something like this in my life right now.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
16Ocean

Quit Date:
April 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 29, 2005 9:59 PM    Post subject: Oh my...... Reply with quote

Gosh Deb, thanks so much for sharing that, very, very good thing to pass on, or perhaps keep a copy for oneself, sure brought tears to my eyes. Attitude and choice.........thanks!!!! Heidi
Imagen27

Quit Date:
July 12, 2005

PostPosted: April 30, 2005 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, Love it, Love it....

Thanks for sharing this with us Deb..

~Im

Imagen-29 (The ever so "flexible willow")
3 wonderful girls, 12, 10 and 3
Deliciously Weird

Quit Date:
June 27, 2005

PostPosted: June 28, 2005 9:06 AM    Post subject: Moved to tears Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this. I have been worried all day about keeping my quit over lunch. What I am going to do is print this out and read it each and every time I feel like giving up. This is exactly how I try to see life. There is always good with the bad. It is always better to look through anothers eyes. Choose to be happy.

This is a story that hits me straight in the heart. Thank you for giving me this gift.

I am awake. . I am a non-smoker. . .life is good,

Deliciously Weird

~Slipping from sanity
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: June 28, 2005 11:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was just what I needed to read at this moment. It was just circumstance that I logged on this morning. Our Lord does move in mysterious ways.

Thank you for this post. Smile

Sandyz
20 months breathing free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: